Super Contributor

I just heard on the news a Thai company just bought out Bumble Bee Tuna and they also own Chicken Of The Sea this is news to me and I love Tuna who owns Starkist Tuna?

Esteemed Contributor

That great Kirkland superior white albacore tuna (Costco brand) is also Bumble Bee. Can't products be made in America? Other countries have low standards and then we find out animals and people were poisoned.

Honored Contributor

Star-Kist is owned by Dongwon Enterprises of South Korea.

Trusted Contributor
On 12/19/2014 kivah said:

That great Kirkland superior white albacore tuna (Costco brand) is also Bumble Bee. Can't products be made in America? Other countries have low standards and then we find out animals and people were poisoned.

I read somewhere that albacore tuna has the highest mercury levels of all tuna. Haven't eaten tuna since.

Honored Contributor

It doesn't matter who owns these companies, the waters have been poisoned for years. I remember 30 years when I was pregnant my doctor told me to limit my tuna intake to once a week because of the mercury found in tuna.

Honored Contributor

Even Kitty won't eat it.............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I haven't eat any canned tuna in years. Because of the risk of mercury. I remember seeing a documentary about the tuna fishing industry. Huge tunas lying in the sun oozing with Mercury. It's still a big risk and I still don't eat it. I've just about stopped eating fish.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine-archive/2011/january/food/mercury-in-tuna/overview/index...

We are really fouling our oceans.

Esteemed Contributor

Another Asian company buying an American food manufacturer.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor

The waters the fish come from are the important part. Pollution abounds.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor
America will regret outsourcing and selling companies to foreign countries.