Honored Contributor

Wow.  I guess I won't be making brownies anytime soon.  Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

I usually have groceries delivered and found that I have to look at every brand sold in my store for the best price. I was getting cartons of 24 Eggland's Best large eggs for $5.79 for awhile. I think it was a mistake as they have them for $6.99 now. Still not bad at 29cents per egg. This week I got several cartons of Shop Rite/bowl and basket brand large cage free brown eggs for $2.99 per carton of 12. So these were 25cents per egg. Yet they want $3.69 for a carton of Bowl and basket 12 large white eggs. Their pricing is all over the place.🤔

Honored Contributor

Just a guess but it may also to keep retailers or owners of any kind of food service from buying the lot.

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Wow.  I guess I won't be making brownies anytime soon.  Smiley Sad

@ValuSkr 

75¢ of eggs will keep you from making brownies?

Respected Contributor

Eggs at Kroger, large 12 count, are $3.29.  On the Kroger APP there is a digital coupon for 40 cents off.  

Honored Contributor

If someone needs that many eggs, could they not buy their 2 cartons, go put them in the car after paying, and then go back in and buy 2 more cartons?  Or, if you both have a card, could you not each buy 2 cartons and just pay separately?  

I've been paying around $5/dozen for Large free range eggs. I would prefer pastured eggs, but my store doesn't carry them and they do run about $2 more per dozen.  I used to get pastured eggs from a girl at the rink who lived on a farm.  She got to keep the money from any eggs she sold.  You could certainly tell the differnce just by looking between her eggs and the cheaper eggs at the grocery store which is why I started buying the free range ones. The shells are harder and the yolks are a bright orange.

Honored Contributor

Re: Trip to Costco today

[ Edited ]

I plan on going to Costco tomorrow.  I like a lot of the frozen & paper goods.

I buy my eggs at a local farm.  They are expensive but so good.  They are pastured eggs and you can see the difference in quality.

Respected Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

@rockygems123 wrote:

@drizzellla 

Curious, do you remember the price of the eggs?  I bought a dozen Safeway brand today around $4.  A lady next to me said she paid $8 last week for a dozen, nothing special regular size large.

I looked at the receipt $4.99 for 18 eggs.

We bought the eggs at Costco because the grocery had 18 eggs for $6.99.

@drizzellla 

Ok, thank you, that's where I'll be getting mine next, appreciate it.

Respected Contributor

Today my local Walmart Neighborhood Market had Great Value Large White Eggs 12 count 2.32......

Super Contributor

There is issues with eggs in King County, WA. Traget stores did not have them for the last 2 months. Of if they get, it got sold out. My friend said Costco has limits on egg buying. 

There is a bird factory that burned down recently, bird flu, supply shortage and delivery difficulties. These are 4 reasons newspapers blame for eggs shortage.

I've never seen such high eggs prices as they are this year.