Honored Contributor

Re: Tried a great sugar free, no carb sweetener, Sucradrops.

Gokat wrote:

I use it, too, @chickenbutt.  From what I've been reading lately, those so outspoken regarding sucralose might want to concern themselves more with sugar.  The diet in this country is overloaded with it!  Read your ingredients carefully, people.Woman Wink

Hey Gokat!   Well, the whole 'Splenda is evil' thing actually started with the sugar industry.  When low-carb went wide and was all the rage sugar sales plummeted.  So it seemed that they had to try and counteract that to get back in higher sales.

Respected Contributor

I don't "do" Splenda here as I do count carbs, and there are "hidden" carbs in Splenda.  I use the liquid sucralose and other healthy substitutes to supplement my

lower carb woe.  Not a fanatic here, but have been doing this for many years, and it works for me.  I'm just not comfortable with how carb-heavy the average diet is in this country. The recent popularity has made it much easier to follow as more and more companies have jumped on the bandwagon with lower carb alternatives.Woman Happy

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Trusted Contributor

FULL of chemicals - no thanks.

Respected Contributor

@KYToby

<<"Chemical" is not a bad word.  Those who use it as such only demonstrate ignorance and a basic understanding of science.>>

Had to read this sentence a couple times to make sure you only made a typo in there!  Basic understanding of science just didn't seem to mesh with "ignorance."    Am I correct in getting your meaning?