Contributor

I'm looking at the All clad TSV coming up and wondering if there's a difference in that and the Analon tri-ply cookware.  They seem to look very similiar to me.  Any thoughts?

Trusted Contributor

I don't know the difference, but Williams-Sonoma Outlets carries All-Clad at always 30% off.

Honored Contributor

I don't see much difference other than style.  I have always loved all stainless steel cookware and treated myself to a set of tri-ply several years ago (not QVC) and LOVE them!  Even better than my first lighter weight set.  Cooks beautifully/evenly and releases cooked on stuff.... a hint... Barkeeper's Friend with a non-abrasive scrubber will make your pots and pans look new agalin, even taking away the "marks" inside from having your heat too high and it doesn't scratch the stainless...... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Contributor

I went to WS website and found a nice All-Clad set using 20% coupon code but then charging almost $80 to ship so I decided against that purchase.

Honored Contributor

@Ladybuggirl wrote:

I went to WS website and found a nice All-Clad set using 20% coupon code but then charging almost $80 to ship so I decided against that purchase.

@Ladybuggirl It shows 20% off one item on their site with free shipping on all orders.

Regular Contributor

I googled AC and found reviews on the Consumer Reports site - they rated Costco's version of this type of cookware highest in the category.  "Food for thought" for me for sure as the price difference is huge.

Honored Contributor

@Ladybuggirl wrote:

I'm looking at the All clad TSV coming up and wondering if there's a difference in that and the Analon tri-ply cookware.  They seem to look very similiar to me.  Any thoughts?

All Clad is made in the US from US made steel!  You are buying cookware that will last a lifetime and perform great for you.   Lids may be imported, I can't remember!  I have had it for more than 25 years and the first ones I bought are still going strong.

We cook most every meal at home on a high output gas range, so it takes a lot of use and hasn't warped or gotten too bad looking.  Bar Keeper's friend keeps it shiny even it if looks pretty bad that will bring the finish back with a little elbow grease!

Honored Contributor

And this set has very large pots that I wouldn't need or want.

Did you see the price tag on this set?  A whopping $499.00.

Honored Contributor

Even though there are two of us I don't the pieces seem to big.  To me, a 6 quart stock pot could do a nice pot roast or a pot of soup, beans or chili with some to freeze or for leftovers.  

The 2 quart is almost like the 1 1/2 quart pan we use a lot.  And I think 4 qt. is a good size for a saute pan.  A 10 inch skillet isn't very big either.  But it will be fine for 2.