Honored Contributor

Traditional Food Parings You Find Tiring

Some things I'm over for a while.  We're grilling steak and in place of the traditional tossed aslad, baked potato, I'm doing fresh collards and pesto on buttered pasta.  Ahhhhhh

Respected Contributor

Re: Traditional Food Parings You Find Tiring

Same old same old gets tiresome. Good idea to mix things up and try some new sides and even main dishes. 

Esteemed Contributor

As the weather warms - make a cold mac salad with the little rings - add celery. onions and chunk tuna - or salmon - or shrimp to go with your steak

(little rings instead of elbow - I never use elbow anymore, too much starch + too thick)

Or baked potato & cheese casserole

Or rice with asparagus

Honored Contributor

Many people are grilling all kinds of veggies.  My sister, a vocal lifetime Brussels sprout hater, just told me how delicious they were when she grilled them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

We are getting into seasonal spring veggies & fruits and we got to change it up sometimes except I have a DH that only likes to stay in his comfort zone and not just with food, everything. I got him a new pillow and think we may have to go back to his old pillow seems anything new he has a hard time. So glad I didn't throw out the old pillow. LOL 

Honored Contributor

My husband's favorite grill meal:  steak, baked potato, corn on the cob. While it may be repetative, I'm thankful that we can do that meal.  Some people can't.

Honored Contributor

I have been in such a food rut, that everything I used to cook, just bores me to tears!!!!  Just can't seem to find my mojo with meals. What I need is someone to cook FOR me !!! I would clean up the kitchen too !!!!

Respected Contributor

I like cabbage on the grill

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Many people are grilling all kinds of veggies.  My sister, a vocal lifetime Brussels sprout hater, just told me how delicious they were when she grilled them.

@Kachina624 I've always liked Brussel sprouts, but lately I've been roasting them with olive oil in a 400 degree oven, turning halfway through the 20 minutes.  Amazing!!!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG.  That exactly what my sister said she did.  I've always liked them cooked the traditional ways.  I'm going to try roasting them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment