Trusted Contributor
Anybody try the new Trader Joe’s kale gnocchi yet? I bought a bag but not sure how I will prepare it yet. Anyone?
Honored Contributor

Re: Trader Joe’s kale gnocchi

[ Edited ]

I haven't but that sounds so good.

I just read reviews and one said its better than the cauliflower gnocchi, and was really good. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

Has anyone tried pan frying the gnocchi? Found this:

How To Make Fried Gnocchi – Step By Step

Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the fresh gnocchi and toss so they are covered in the oil and add the rosemary.

Fry the gnocchi tossing every now and then so they get crispy on all sides for around 8-10 minutes.

8997D645-6E76-4E32-A33E-7C967AFAAC22.jpeg

Tip: The gnocchi should be just crispy on the outside. Don’t fry them for too long or the centre will firm up on you’ll lose the soft, fluffy centre.

Once the gnocchi are crispy on all sides, season them with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Serve them as a side for dinner or as an appetizer with dips.

Other Ways To Enjoy Fried Gnocchi

• Add garlic and parmesan
  • Add pancetta/bacon, parmesan and fresh basil
  • Drizzle with basil pesto
  • Add sauteed onions

⚓️
Trusted Contributor

I pan fry my cauliflower gnocchi .  I defrost it and pat it dry,  I spray a light layer of olive oil in the pan, add the gnocchi, then spray  the gnocchi  lightly. I cover and turn the gnocchi once or twice,.  Then I finish up with whatever. 

Honored Contributor

Bleech!! This food sound DISGUSTING!!! Woman Frustrated

"Pure Michigan"
Contributor

No matter how I cooked the cauliflower gnocchi. It was glue. Gross.
Respected Contributor

That fried gnocchi looks good, @LoveMyBaby. I haven't tried TJ's but will look for it next time we're there. It's a challenge to find some of our favorites lately: roasted red pepper-tomato soup and their possibly discontinued frozen chocolate croissants.

I'm almost afraid to like something else of theirs!

What worries you masters you.
Trusted Contributor

@Moonlady 

Hi, I tried it over the weekend. It was easy. I sprayed the le creuset skillet with olive oil spray and then sprizted the gnocchi and just kept tossing and turning. Not bad! I didn't have a nice sauce to add to them so just S&P'd and grazed. I was experimenting with the technique. Woman Happy

TJ's unfortunately does switched it up. It is somewhat hard to get attached. I love their breaded eggplant. I always stockup - family loves it too. 

⚓️
Trusted Contributor

Yes,it is hard to get attached to some Trader Joe's items.  They switch things up often and then some are only seasonal.  The seasonals sometimes don't  even last a season!

I fried the kale gnocchi, then dressed it with TJ's kale vegan pesto, added some mozzarella balls and halved snack size san marzano tomatoes. Kale reminded me of spinach ravioli. 

Anyone else cook the gnocchi yet?  If so, how did you dress it?