Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tony Little Bison products

On 8/22/2014 Kay SD said: Bison is good. $12 a pound for the Little special, not so much. Try CostCo.

What does Costco charge for bison? I usually get their ground turkey and never look by the meat area!

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/22/2014 gazelle77 said:

I question anything that Tony guy says....

Not a Tony fan either!!! But when he gets it right, he gets it really right! Based on the reviews his bison products caught my attention. You'd think the hsn boards would have conversations? Nope! The only thing was snippy posts about his hair!

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/22/2014 pupcakes said:

What is the texture of bison burgers like? I purchase those steakburgers years ago & the texture gagged me & no one in the house like them. Is bison like that, or is it like ground beef? thx

The bison burgers I had at Fuddruckers had the same texture as a regular ground beef burger.

Honored Contributor

I bought a variety pack on HSN but we only liked the burgers. I won't buy again. I can buy bison burger & a few other bison products at the health food store that comes from a farmer 100 miles away from here. I like bison burgers better then a regular hamburger.

Super Contributor

I used to buy it when they were just burgers. But he's raised the price waaay too much now for it. It makes it sound like a lot of pieces. but seriously... who eats one piece of bacon? Back when they used to have burger only specials, I ordered it. But it cost much less then, AND it also was not available in many stores around here. Now I see it sold in several places, so there really isn't any need to order it.

Honored Contributor

On 8/22/2014 ibb38 said:
On 8/22/2014 debc said:

Bison doesn't taste much different to me. I imagine it's all about the seasoning. Too expensive for me. I've never had steaks. Ostrich steaks are good.

The Bison burgers I've had (Fuddruckers) taste like a less beefy beef - if that makes sense! I really liked it. Especially since I've cut down on red meat so much it's jsut 'okay' when I treat myself.

Tony said his stuff is all natural, no hormones or steriods- that appealed to me also since that usually doubles the price of meats in the food store.

I called CS & a while back when I ordered a variety pack & asked about all natural etc. All natural is a gimmick & does not mean anything. Some of the products contain beef & does not say grass fed. CS could not answer my questions about the beef in the products were also no hormones, steroids etc. I wonder if it's a ploy to sell. I'm guessing yes the Bison is all natural, no hormones, no steroids etc. but not the beef??? Bison burgers are the only thing listed as just bison. Some of the other products ingredients are bison next beef & so on. So to me that would be about half bison half beef I assume to give the products some fat. The description on their site says this Combination of bison (with no added growth hormones) and beef. I would think the wording in parentheses would also be after beef it has no added growth hormones.??? What do you think?

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/22/2014 iam4truth said:

I used to buy it when they were just burgers. But he's raised the price waaay too much now for it. It makes it sound like a lot of pieces. but seriously... who eats one piece of bacon? Back when they used to have burger only specials, I ordered it. But it cost much less then, AND it also was not available in many stores around here. Now I see it sold in several places, so there really isn't any need to order it.

I noticed many of the individual items to purchase were pricey. And I also noticed how they stressed the # of items, like it was that # of meals. Thanks all, time to do a little web research!!!

Honored Contributor

Way back when he introduced the bison products I checked them out. Most of them contain ingredients I choose to avoid so I would not buy them. I think maybe the plain bison was OK & did not have those ingredients. I admit to being more picky about ingredients than the average person.

I do like bison burgers and have bought ground bison locally. I would not really want to buy pre-made burgers simply because they are even more expensive and I can make a patty myself. I also like to be able to use it for other things

Honored Contributor

On 8/22/2014 willdob3 said:

Way back when he introduced the bison products I checked them out. Most of them contain ingredients I choose to avoid so I would not buy them. I think maybe the plain bison was OK & did not have those ingredients. I admit to being more picky about ingredients than the average person.

I do like bison burgers and have bought ground bison locally. I would not really want to buy pre-made burgers simply because they are even more expensive and I can make a patty myself. I also like to be able to use it for other things

I noticed some of those ingredients also. He raves about how much better his bison products are but have ingredients in them that make them not so healthy. The only one would be the all bison burger. Must have been the reason why when we tried his products that was the only one I liked.

Respected Contributor

Just the burgers look pretty healthy with just bison as an ingredient, but those hot dogs look a little scary for ingredients and a ton of salt to boot.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*