Honored Contributor

Re: 🍅 Tomato Sandwich 🍅

@jeanlake wrote:

Tomato sandwiches -- ahhh -- reminds me of my mom. Thanks for the memory. Enjoy your vegetable / fruit - or as my 23 month old grandson calls it -- apple. 

@jeanlake , A tomato by any name is wonderful . It's a shame the season is so short, but I guess that makes them special. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

We have a small garden and tomatoes will soon be ripe. I pulled weeds this week and wow -- what an aroema. Grandson who called tomatoes -- apples, finally learned to say 'mater.' Good enough.    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

I rarely eat sandwiches because I don't need the carbs.  It's got to be really good for me to partake.  That being said, I have been eating a BLT sandwich everyday for last two weeks.  Heavenly treat.  Love my tomatoes.

Honored Contributor

My husband grows them every year. I rarely eat one lol.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Give me a good ole’ Matter Samich,

Sunflower seed bread

Dukes Mayonnaise 

My Dad is the Matter planter, I ever have much luck with them.

I’m one Happy camper 🍅 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

We eat tomatoes just about every day this time of year:  BLT's, burgers with slices of tomatoes, grilled cheese with tomatoes, tomato pie. Love them!

Honored Contributor

We had bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches for dinner last night. The tomato was from our garden, so it tasted extra good.

Too bad my son doesn't care for tomatoes because we only plant 2 tomato plants in the garden. I think I could eat a tomato sandwich or BLT every day during the summer.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I

@haddon9 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I had my first tomato sandwich of the season with a fresh tomato from the farm stand !  Best lunch ever !  Last night I had sweet corn 🌽  for dinner, I just love summer produce. 

@QVCkitty1   Me too!  My neighbor just dropped off a bag of tomatoes.

What do you put in your tomato sandwich?...anything else?  What kind of bread?

@haddon9 , I rarely ever buy regular white bread, I like a crusty loaf, but for a tomato sandwich it's white bread toasted. I bought Arnold's oat nut bread, and used a little mayo and some butter lettuce. Tomorrow I'm adding bacon, I mean what is tomato season without  at least one BLT ?

@QVCkitty1   Sounds delicious!! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I’d love to find flavorful, juicy beefsteak tomatoes like in the good old days. We have a Rapunzel tomato plant growing in a patio pot.  It’s been producing like crazy so I’ve been having them often in salads or as a little snack.  They’re good, but not like a beefsteak.

Last week we we stopped by a local home produce market and bought my first heirloom tomato.  OMG, talk about delicious!  I’ll be going back for more next week.

Trusted Contributor

I have never had a tomato sandwich.  Dumb question maybe, but, does the bread get soggy?  That's why I won't try one.