Respected Contributor

Todd English having some great stuff

I think it's their second anniversary under their new name.

Honored Contributor

Re: Todd English having some great stuff

Thanks for the reminder @CLEM as I was watching a documentary and totally forgot about The Sizzle! . . . he's back on at 3pm my time, I set a reminder so I don't forget . . . again . . . Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I happened to catch his show yesterday. First time I ever saw him. I was quite impressed with his things. Didn't buy anthing though. His prices are good too.

Honored Contributor

I haven't watched him for some time, as he creeps me out a bit.  But I remember his early stuff was always so - I don't know...bulbous looking.  It was unappealing to me.  But people seem to be pleased with his products.

I'm just glad that he got out from under Joy M.     That was just so painful to see because she would overbear him to an extreme degree.   Nobody was there to hear from her, for his products.   But he could hardly even talk.

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt I have been wondering about his behavior there.  He seems really relaxed and enjoying himself. 

About his style, you mean the potbelly style?  I liked that for some of his pots.

Honored Contributor

Clem - Yes, that's it.   Thank You.  I couldn't think of the word pot-bellied.  Smiley Happy

It's not a shape that appeals to me, but that's ok. I will never need another pot or pan so I'm not the one shopping/buying.   

Trusted Contributor

I ordered a "greenpan" (supposedly non-stick) grill pan from Todd English when he was partnered with Joy M.  I got suckered in by their promise of how innovative the non-stick was.  It was terrible.  After a few uses, everything began to stick so badly I threw it away.

It wasn't cheap either - almost $70.  The presentations were awful as Joy continually cut him off and acted like she was the chef.

There's something about him that I don't care for so I'm passing on his items.  I'm more interested in Curtis Stone's cookware as it is very highly rated on the channel that he's on.

Respected Contributor

I used to watch Todd English a lot back in the 90s when he had a show on PBS.  He used to cook with his children a lot.  He has changed since then.

@WORKING GAL I had a lot of his green pans.  Got the set of hard anodized pots and pans and absolutely loved them.  Had them for about 8 years or so.  But had to find a new home for them because I went over to induction cooking and hard anodized from those days don't work.  But they all were like new and the new owners love them.  Perhaps you got one of the first batch they brought out?  There were a lot of complaints about them.

I have a couple of small pots and a small pan from his Evine collection and I wish I needed more.  But I am all stocked up for this life.

Respected Contributor

@WORKING GAL Could the quality have been affected by his partnering with Joy since her stuff, other than the hangers, suck!?!?!?! Maybe now they aren't partnered, and he has more say in details and manufacturing, the quality have increased. It may have also contributed to him leaving. He didn't want his name on crud!
Respected Contributor

I still use my Todd English green pans from HSN. I even bought more green pans from Qvc recently. They have held up great.