Respected Contributor

Re: Today's Oster Oven Presentation

@SharkE and @Kachina624 I saw the complaints too originally about the gap in the doors and as sharke explained it's some engineering thing.  I've owned mine for over a year maybe close to 2 years, absolutely love it, I defer to that oven more than my new regular large convection stove and oven and also I use the Oster more than the air fryer.

The inside is huge, food comes out cooked evenly, crispy if you need it.  We did cornish hens surrounded by veg last night, really moist, always comes out that way.  

Honored Contributor

I just took out a pot pie out of mine

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess   @rockygems123    Thanks for your reviews.  Sounds good.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I have that oven and originally thought it might be too big, but kept it and I use it several times a day. The only thing to be aware of is that when you open the doors, you have to have enough space for both doors to open completely and they have snapped close on me a few times. I also have a cople of air fryer ovens, but I use this Oster one the most.

Honored Contributor

yeah, that happened to me, also. I don't have any help from husband at all

I prop the door open with something heavy, so, that gives me room to get a big dish out.

had a kitchen aid come down on me too. That smarted I can tell you the heavy engine part.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE & @Kachina624 pot pie sounds delicious. I cook Trader Joe's Steak & Ale pies in mine for my son quite often, they come out great. I cooked Corky's ribs in foil at 350° for 1/2 hour tonight, perfect. 

Respected Contributor

I have the Oster oven, absolutely love it.  No problem with doors snapping on me, happened once, I learned you need to have space to open both and all the way.  Easy to get big dishes in and out, bakes beautifully, better than my large convection oven in my range.  Only two people here so I use it all the time for everything from simple warming of bread and rolls, to full-on baking of cakes, pies, cookies, roasts, etc.  Wonderful oven.

Trusted Contributor

We bought 2 of those Oster ovens. Hubby brought one to work. We haven't had a minute's trouble with either of them. I hardly ever use my big oven anymore.

Respected Contributor

Does the Defrost work as well as a microwave's defrost works?

Will it reheat foods anywhere near as fast as a microwave?

Are the handles actual metal, not painted silver that will scratch and peel off like my older cheaper Oster oven handle did?