Esteemed Contributor

Today I am making this caramel cake

Wish me luck! The frosting takes 1 1/2 to 2 hours. 

Caramel cakes are big down here in the south. I have made the yellow cake in this recipe before though and it is honestly the best cake I have ever had. 

http://www.grandbaby-cakes.com/2012/12/caramel-cake/

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Trusted Contributor

Re: Today I am making this caramel cake

Break a leg! .... In your case, to wish you luck, I should say break an egg.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Esteemed Contributor

@sailor_moon wrote:

Break a leg! .... In your case, to wish you luck, I should say break an egg.

Oh, that made me laugh. I have them sitting on the counter coming to room temp as we speak. Thanks Sailor Moon!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

You're a brave & patient woman to attempt that frosting! Good luck, it's a beautiful cake.

Haha...break an egg...that's cute! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Can I come?!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

Can I come?!

Absolutely! Come on over!

JFK
Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

Caramel cakes are big down here in the south. I have made the yellow cake in this recipe before though and it is honestly the best cake I have ever had. 

Good luck my friend and may I say you have far more patience than I . . . that cakes looks delicious, enjoy!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

Good luck my friend and may I say you have far more patience than I . . . that cakes looks delicious, enjoy!  Smiley Happy

Hey MTC!! How have you been? I hope you are doing well! I will be starting that soon. It has taken a while for my ingredients to come up to room temperature. I am so impatient I would have started it already but I really want this to turn out well. Wish you lived close enough to have a piece.

JFK
Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

Hey MTC!! How have you been? I hope you are doing well! I will be starting that soon. It has taken a while for my ingredients to come up to room temperature. I am so impatient I would have started it already but I really want this to turn out well. Wish you lived close enough to have a piece.

Hey my friend @Irshgrl31201 next time give me a little head's up and you'll see how fast I can waddle down south in time for that delicious cake . . . Smiley Happy

You made me laugh about waiting for your ingredients to come to room temperature.  I had taken a half chicken out of the freezer very early this morning and I thought that thing would never defrost enough to pop into the air fryer but it finally did . . . I guess patience does have it's virtues . . . eventually . . . Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@on the bay wrote:

Can I come?!

Absolutely! Come on over!

@Irshgrl31201

Thank you!! I'll be right thereSmiley Happy!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"