Honored Contributor

Today, I Sliced Up A Tenderloin From Fresh Market!

I got a whole tenderloin from Fresh Market, cut it the way I want, put 2 side by side in a 1 qt zip lock; pressed the air out and froze.  

I can take one out at a time, hitting them where they meet (and froze) and thaw.

I get a filet on Saturday, less than a ribeye!  I get everything perfect cutting it myself, pluss the store meat trays don't often hold.

Valued Contributor

Re: Today, I Sliced Up A Tenderloin From Fresh Market!

I really like Fresh Market.  We are getting a new Whole Foods literally a mile down the road from Fresh Market and I am hoping that Fresh Market will be able to make it.  We had one of their pizzas for dinner tonight.  Always fresh tasting and very good.

Super Contributor

ECBG,

You might put your pieces of tenderloin on a small cookie sheet or something similar in the freezer long enough for them to freeze before putting them in a Zip loc. That way they won't stick together.

Honored Contributor

that is a great idea!! I do that alot with many items. right now i put a big bunch of over ripe bananas  to use in smoothies that i cut up and froze on a sheet---

Honored Contributor

@judy0330 wrote:

I really like Fresh Market.  We are getting a new Whole Foods literally a mile down the road from Fresh Market and I am hoping that Fresh Market will be able to make it.  We had one of their pizzas for dinner tonight.  Always fresh tasting and very good.

@judy0330 We lost an Earth Fare about 6 months ago only 2 miles from Fresh Market.

Valued Contributor

I always wrap each individually in a piece of plastic wrap and freeze.  Then I place them in a vaccuum seal bag with a paper towel between seal and freeze. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We do the same with tenderloin, ribeyes, pork loins we buy at one of the local meat markets.

I like the tenderloin thaws fast. If it's bad weather they are good made in hot cast iron skillet.

Since we have a large freezer I need a Foodsaver to seal all the food before I freeze it.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz wrote:

We do the same with tenderloin, ribeyes, pork loins we buy at one of the local meat markets.

I like the tenderloin thaws fast. If it's bad weather they are good made in hot cast iron skillet.

Since we have a large freezer I need a Foodsaver to seal all the food before I freeze it.

@Nightowlz I just press out the air amazingly.  We have steak every Saturday night, so it will last two months.Smiley Happy

At what I paid, I prefer that to ribeyes.  After that it's either Pepper Steak or Steak Diane.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@judy0330 wrote:

@judy0330 We lost an Earth Fare about 6 months ago only 2 miles from Fresh Market.

We lost our Earth Fare too although I wasn't particularly fond of it.  Whole Foods and Fresh Market are way at the other end of town, so not convenient for me.  We do have a Sprouts nearby, but Publix and Kroger are just more convenient.  I have no complaints about the meats I get at Publix  Had tenderloin last night.  I always vacuum seal one of them.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Nightowlz I just press out the air amazingly.  We have steak every Saturday night, so it will last two months.Smiley Happy

At what I paid, I prefer that to ribeyes.  After that it's either Pepper Steak or Steak Diane.

@ECBG 

I prefer it over any other steak since it's not full of fat.

I also like top sirloin. My dad used to make those on the grill when I was a kid. He said it was the only steak we could afford. DH likes ribeyes. He cooked us one on the grill last night.