Honored Contributor
Do you have a toaster oven? Do you like it? I'm alone now and am thinking of getting one but would appreciate comments from those who use them. Thanks!
Super Contributor

Re: Toaster ovens...yea or nay?

I got one about six months ago, its a Kitchenaid.. got it at Costco appx 65.00 I think the Q has them but more $ I use mine a lot

Esteemed Contributor

I own a Breville oven and I love it. It's much more expensive than most, but it's worth every cent. It also got top marks from Consumer Reports.
Super Contributor

Couldn't live without it. I just finished heating up a frozen pizza (a healthy organic one!) in it. In summer, I use it to roast veggies, heat crusty things that would be ruined by nuking, and, of course, for good old fashioned toast. No toaster I've bought has ever maintained consistent toasting ability, whereas the toaster oven does.

They need changing every two years or so in my experience, but are still worth it. If you go for it, I hope you enjoy it!

Esteemed Contributor

I gave mine to my youngest son. I don't know if he uses it.

Respected Contributor

Love mine! It took a bit of trial and error but now it is what I use daily and its great in hot weather.

Honored Contributor

I hate mine! I've had a series of them all throughout my 30+ years of marriage and I am so ready to trash the latest one. I never use it. I would prefer a smaller, less obtrusive traditional toaster. DH an DS don't want to get rid of it because we order pizza on Friday nights and they like the toaster oven to reheat the leftovers.

If it were up to me it would be out the door.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Well since I only turn on my oven maybe two or three times a year (and one if those times it's Thanksgiving) I use my toaster oven much more. I live in Arizona and turning on the oven from May until November would heat up the house to much. We live for the microwave, electric frying pan and toaster oven.
Respected Contributor

I also have the Breville and it is much more than a toaster oven. They are available in two sizes. I have the large and use it often. Never use my wall oven anymore.

Valued Contributor

For many years we had a regular toaster. About 10 years ago we switched to a toaster over and I really prefer it. There is a heat setting along with the toast settings and sometimes it's nice to just to heat something up, without toasting (or for something that you cannot successfully microwave.) It's silly, but my kids love bagels in the morning and they do not like them toasted, per se. They prefer them "heated up". And I oblige!