Super Contributor

Re: Toaster ovens...yea or nay?

Another thing I love is it preheats in minutes..my real oven takes forever!!!!
Contributor

On 5/12/2014 bigsister said:

I also have the Breville and it is much more than a toaster oven. They are available in two sizes. I have the large and use it often. Never use my wall oven anymore.

I have this one also and I wouldn't be without it. Rarely use my big oven. Also, it doesn't heat up the kitchen.

Honored Contributor

Own 2 counter ovens. I use the larger oven 99% of the time and love it. I don't use my gas oven anymore. The small toaster oven, I use every now/then. I still like the small oven especially during the summer months.

Frequent Contributor

Love my toaster oven (Kitchenaid) I make meatloaf & baked potatoes, baked chicken, pork chops, & toast. It's great for reheating pizza, grinder sandwiches too. I hardly ever use my stove oven...just when I have a large chicken or turkey to roast. There's only the two of us, so it's perfect for our way of cooking. Also I broil hotdogs, make open face cheese sandwiches, French fries....I could go on & on. Wouldn't be without one.

Honored Contributor

I would never own a toaster oven. I just don't like the clutter on my counters. That being said I do have a double oven with the top oven being the smaller oven. I use it constantly. I guess its like using a toaster oven whether I want to admit it or not.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

I replaced our toaster oven with a toaster a couple of years ago. The only thing I miss with the toaster oven is the ability to make toasted cheese and tomato sandwiches.