Respected Contributor

@momtochloe  Thanks.  I may go with the Instant Pot when it becomes available.

I could order one from Williams Sonoma, but they had sent me a previously returned item when I ordered an airfryer. 

Honored Contributor

Re: To the gal who wanted

[ Edited ]

wrote:

@Nightowlz  I had ordered a Cuisinart from Macy's a few weeks ago.  It came broken in pieces because they just put it in a huge box and shipped it.  They sent another one out which was not in pieces but had other issues.

Looked into it again this am but after reading a lot of reviews and q&a, I found out you can't steam in it.  So the search goes on.

@CLEM The 1st Cuisinart I received from HSN stopped working on my 3rd use. It was past the 30 days so I called Cuisinart. I had to ship it back to them. They shipped me a new one. I have been using it since Sept 2012.

Here is the info from the owners manual for steaming your veggies.

Vegetables should be well washed and peeled if necessary. Vegetables cook very quickly – be sure to use Quick Pressure Release immediately after audible beep sounds. If vegetables require more cooking, turn pressure cooker off, and cover to steam the vegetables until preferred texture is reached. Add ½ cup water or liquid for cooking. If pressure cooking frozen vegetables, 1 to 2 minutes additional cooking time and longer steaming time may be needed. When cooking vegetables it is always best to undercook, then allow additional time to steam – to avoid overcooking. All cooking is on High Pressure unless otherwise indicated.

Food Cooking Time Pressure Release Method

Artichokes 4 medium/large, 8 to 10 ounces each 7 to 9 minutes Quick Pressure Release

Beans, Green or Yellow Waxy 1½ pounds, cut into 2-inch lengths 1 to 2 minutes/Low Pressure Quick Pressure Release

Beets, medium-large 24 to 26 minutes Quick Pressure Release

Broccoli, cut into large florets 2 to 3 minutes Quick Pressure Release

Cauliflower, cut into large florets 2 to 3 minutes Quick Pressure Release

Carrots, cut into 2-inch lengths – or “baby cut” 8 minutes Quick Pressure Release

Carrots, ½-inch slices 2 to 3 minutes Quick Pressure Release

Corn, 4 to 6 ears (use trivet/rack) 1 minute Quick Pressure Release

Greens, collards, kale, cut into 1-inch strips 5 to 7 minutes Quick Pressure Release

Onions, baby peeled 2 to 4 minutes Quick Pressure Release

Parsnips, peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces 3 to 4 minutes Quick Pressure Release

Parsnips, ½-inch slices 1 to 2 minutes Quick Pressure Release

Potatoes White, medium quartered 5 to 7 minutes Quick Pressure Release

Red, new (2-3 oz each) 5 to 8 minutes Quick Pressure Release

Sweet, 2-inch cubes 5 to 6 minutes Quick Pressure Release

Squash – Winter Acorn, halved & seeded 6 to 8 minutes Quick Pressure Release

Butternut, peeled & sliced 3 to 4 minutes Quick Pressure Release

Squash, Yellow Crookneck or Zucchini, cut into ½-inch slices 1 to 3 minutes Quick Pressure Release

You can do hard cooked eggs in the steamer basket too. Cook on low pressure for 5 mins., let steam release natural, remove lid, put eggs in ice water or just lightly dump some ice in the pot to stop the cooking.
Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz  Thanks for all the information.  You took so much time to post this.  Triple thanks.   I am still debating what I should get:  A regular pressure cooker, Multipot, and I started looking into the Breville pressure cooker which is very costly though.

Your information should be good for any of them and I will make a copy.

Respected Contributor

Sharke, If I were you go with Walmart it just seems alot less frustrating. This shipping back and forth seems like a huge hassle.I am so sick of having defective products.