Frequent Contributor

Re: Title of "In the Kitchen With David"

A number of years ago they used to have cook off show between two hosts using a variety of kitchen products! It was a live show with audience participation and voting the winner! They were great fun and very entertaining. Also remember the fun promos for Joan’s shows, pure humor and fun to watch, each one cleverly written and featured her fave two models and a few of her most often hosts! Now it is has truly gotten soooo boring. Also they used to really decorate for theoir gold and silver shows, sigh! And let’s not forget the Kirks Folly spectacticles!
Honored Contributor

I remember Dan Wheeler and Rick D. "competing" on a cook-off show.  Fun show and a nice variety which QVC doesn't have much of anymore.  I also loved Joan's promos.

Boring?? Totally agree. I find David has become aggravating to watch him stufing food down a d the happy dance as fun it's course. When they start showing the same products many times in one program, I'm gone! Hardly any new items shown that are worth my  boredom.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

How about  Cooking with Bob Warden?

or:

How about Cooking with Laura Weathers?

or:

Cooking with the QVC Hosts, Past and Present (their favorite recipes). ?

Hung

Honored Contributor

Both Antonella and Blue Jean Chef had cooking shows, but neither of them lasted for long.  Maybe they should do Cook with...............  and have a rotation each week of a different host.  Antonella, Meredith, MaryBeth, Jill, Jane T., etc.  I think Stacy S. cooks a lot and they should give her a week too.  They can make their recipe available and, of course, they would use Temptations, the items Chef Tony and Mark Charles sell, etc. and many new items and show us how to get the best use from them.  Give us some good tips, kitchen organization ideas, how to substitute ingredients if necessary, etc.  Also, a show for cooking for one (or 2)  to give ideas for those  who no longer cook for a large number of people.  Maybe throw in a show for certain dietary restrictions, etc.  We need a  variety and new products.

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:
@hopi wrote:

Was there a Cooking with Antonella or Mary Beth?

What was the name of Bob Bowersox popular cooking show?

I think it was "In the Kitchen with Bob"--at least that is the name of one of the cookbooks he did while at QVC.  (I think he did more actual cooking than is done now.  Bob Warden also did some cooking.)

@Daysdee  Do you remember one of the funniest posts ever here that took off and caused so much laughter?  One of our favorite posters was going to post about Bob and his beloved tongs because he was always telling us to use those tongs.  Well, she posted something with a typo about "here's Bob cooking with his THONGS" and what a fun time we had with that.

Just imagining old low-key Bob in the kitchen with his THONGS was hysterical!  

Esteemed Contributor

I would like to see the show changed up a bit....I used to look forward to watching it and now I don't even miss it.....

Occasional Contributor

I totally agree I  have Bobs Bowersox and Wardens cookbooks never felt same way since they left.