Honored Contributor

Title of "In the Kitchen With David"

[ Edited ]

It just dawned on me it doesn't say "Cooking With David" or something like that.  Which is good, because it isn't about cooking much is it?

It would be nice to have a "Cooking With "Someone".  Do they have anything like that?  I don't remember seeing one. 

I will edit to say it would be nice to see a whole show about one or two dishes and see them prep, assemble, cook, and serve it, featuring ALL the tools they used, the dinnerware, the bakeware and pans, even the place mats for table cloths.  

Wouldn't that be more interesting?  And really show some recipes and how the things they sell really work?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Title of "In the Kitchen With David"

Was there a Cooking with Antonella or Mary Beth?

What was the name of Bob Bowersox popular cooking show?

Super Contributor

"Blue jean Chef" on Christmas Day. It would be nice if she had her own show through the year.

Honored Contributor

Great idea, @Sooner!

There would be no shortage of products that could be sold in connection with following the preparation of a dish from shopping (those reusable bags) to cooking to serving.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMO, probably the main thing that makes it seldom they do actual cooking shows is that  live air time is VERY expensive.  I imagine that it makes the most sense to sell the most products in the shortest amount of time, to pay for it.

Years ago, I used to watch some of the christmas day shows that they did.  They could still sell one or two things in the process, but they were able to do a fun little cooking 'show' in many of the segments.   It's all taped, as opposed to live air, so it's not as expensive.

Honored Contributor

was the bed TSV presented during this show——- Woman Embarassed

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

It just dawned on me it doesn't say "Cooking With David" or something like that.  Which is good, because it isn't about cooking much is it?

It would be nice to have a "Cooking With "Someone".  Do they have anything like that?  I don't remember seeing one. 

I will edit to say it would be nice to see a whole show about one or two dishes and see them prep, assemble, cook, and serve it, featuring ALL the tools they used, the dinnerware, the bakeware and pans, even the place mats for table cloths.  

Wouldn't that be more interesting?  And really show some recipes and how the things they sell really work?

@Sooner

You are really on to something there. 

Unfortunately Q has gotten about every single minute being about the hard sell, and there isn't a relaxing or fun break. 

I love your idea, and I'd love to watch a show like this. I'd love the variety it would bring, including the linens you mention. 

HEY QVC, you need @Sooner in program development! Hire her before she gets away!

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

Was there a Cooking with Antonella or Mary Beth?

What was the name of Bob Bowersox popular cooking show?

I think it was "In the Kitchen with Bob"--at least that is the name of one of the cookbooks he did while at QVC.  (I think he did more actual cooking than is done now.  Bob Warden also did some cooking.)

Honored Contributor

@wagirl

I was thinking the same thing as yesterday I was gone all day!  

I did look at the review and saw of course, a vacumn cleaner...who doesn't need one of them in your kitchen ... since we all supposedly messy cooks!

Respected Contributor

Did anyone get confused by "Cooking with Mary" back to back on Q2 When" In the kitchen with David" was on on Sunday the 12 th. of August. It felt so weird but she was selling storage containers and metal stands.But I found it refreshing in a way also.The cook shows are so repetitve and boring anymore.