Esteemed Contributor

Re: ‘‘Tis the season......

@Carmie Is it an Easter thing?   OP cap'd it as............ Tis the season...............

Over the years - not recently - always saw the jug of pickled eggs sitting in deli - short order check-out counters.  Can't recall when I saw them last - never bought - just not appealing to me.

Thanks for your reply - enjoy the weekend

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fthunt   No it isn't an Easter thing.  I would say maybe a picnic food. There are plenty of them beside the potato and macaroni salads on picnic tables.

They are often found on salad bars or served with pickled beets in family friendly resturants as a side or eaten as a snack.

Many people make them at Easter time as a way to use up their hard boiled colored eggs.

Have a good rest of your weekend as well.

Respected Contributor

Like my hard boiled eggs very simple. Salt and pepper. That's it.

Respected Contributor

I love deviled eggs and cooked beets, and have never heard of this combination.  Think I will have to pass.

Honored Contributor

I pickle beets every fall as we pull them up from the garden and we love pickled eggs! 

Now I'm hungry.

Honored Contributor

Mine have been pickling for nearly 2 weeks, so the eggs are a nice deep purple, and very yummy!   

I have an allergy/intolerance to egg whites, but have learned that my system will tolerate a pickled egg later in the day after I've eaten other foods.   Eggs cannot be the first food in my stomach in the mornings.