Honored Contributor

As long as they don't disclose that they are cheaply made and improperly fired (which will never happen), they will keep selling this stuff.  

The sad thing is that they can get away with convincing some that they are as high quality as other products which actually ARE of high quality.

I can't begrudge them selling what people will buy but I am still bothered when they are not honest.  It's cheap.  It's cheaply made by taking shortcuts to keep the profit margin high.    But they would have you believe that it's high quality and will last a lifetime.   Those patterns!  O-MG, don't even get me started on that.    I guess they really nail the hard sell.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

just to many shows devoted to 'em.

Honored Contributor
I have a set of two (8 x 8 and 9 x 13, I think that is the correct measurements) with snap on covers that came with a carry tote that zips shut and is insulated. I bought it many years ago. It's in the OW green color. It still seems to be ok, but one set is all I want. I don't need or want any more. Anyone that does, more power to you and the same for those who don't. It's like anything else, some like it and lots of it, others not so much. If I had been having the problems I have read about on this board, I would toss it all and be done too.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

I don't have any Temptations but I found two Le Creuset oval dishes at TJ Maxx/Homegoods.  I love them and paid half the price.  I read that stoneware has to be completely dry before heating or it will expand and possibly crack. 

There is a really pretty Corningware in blue out now.  I saw that at my local grocery.

Frequent Contributor

How many Temptations do you need? I bought a 12 piece set years ago and can't imagine I would ever need more.

Honored Contributor

@Bdeezy wrote:

I too was very disappointed in Lydia abandoning the line. Purchased 8 bowls, pitcher and large platter and heard promises of dinnerware place settings on the way. Maybe they did, but I watched her page dilegently and never saw any. Since then I am very wary of celebrity lines, here today gone tomorrow and the consumer is left with odds and ends.

This is so very true. 

I believe that there was dinnerware that did come out, if I remember correctly. 

My theory about the Lidia Bastianich line (for what it is worth) is that they got a good deal on the stuff, it was made in a limited quantity with no more available (or not cost effective enough to go back and repurchase), and they ran with it. My guess is that they didn't want it to compete with Temp-tations, as when people saw how much better quality it was, they would jump ship on Tara. 

My guess is that if they ever did revisit the line, it would be a lesser quality than the original at best. 

I bought the bakers and bread pans and covered casseroles in three colors. I wish I had gotten the pitcher and platters in all as well. 

Love mine!

@Bdeezy

Respected Contributor

@Snoopp

I have also seen some nice Corning stoneware at the grocery store.  Very substantial and in  beautiful rich colors, much like Fiestaware.

Respected Contributor

@nightnurse wrote:

How many Temptations do you need? I bought a 12 piece set years ago and can't imagine I would ever need more.

LOL, some people need a lot.  I have about as much as I can store now so I've not bought any in a long while.  But people apparently want every accessory to go with it.   I'd still buy butter boats if they ever came out.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*