Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Thrift store finds today~

@homedecor1 : isn't the treasure hunt of thrifting the most fun? I go weekly, and most of my finds, like yours, are under $5.00. Occasionally, as in this past week, I score a furniture item, which will cost more.

Love your finds!

Honored Contributor

@queendiva 

I never had a interest in "thrift stores" or goodwill stores but my cousin & her daughter came for a visit last fall.  We went to everyone w/in 50 mile ... oh what fun!

Now I'm having fun going to browse! Today we went to a huge auction house & consignment place ... amazing the finds in there!!!

Respected Contributor

One of my favorite stores is a resale shop.  They sell clothing, shoes, purses, and home decor.  Love it.  I also sell things there that I am not donating.  There is another seller who buys alot of things from the Q and she is my size, so I score things at a great price most of the time.

One of my best finds was at a different store near my SIL' house.  A long (below the knee) wool pendelton coat.  It was new with tags (originally over $300), I paid $30.  That was 13 years ago and I still have the coat and it still looks great.

I love a great deal......I'm cheap.  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Travone 

Oh my if only I was looking for clothing!  We went to a consignment shop and TAGS were still on Susan Graver, LOGO, NYDJ jeans (which my friend bought for $10) and so many other pieces I recognized from Q.

The handbags were from Dooney, Anushka, Coach and Michael Kors.  My friend found a BMakowsky bag - in perfect shape for $11...

I didn't see anything I liked but had some Joan Rivers jewelry.

This afternoon we are going to a furniture/home auction ...this should be interesting!  She is remodeling her condo ... bet she gets some good finds!

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1How Fun.  Enjoy your day. 

Frequent Contributor

I wish I could go to the local thrift stores.  I loved to go and just browse looking for treasures.  Recently when I have taken donations, I see that the workers and most customers do not wear a mask.  I just don't feel safe in that situation, so I'll have to wait until it's safe again. Sigh.

Honored Contributor

Very cool! 

I still have some of the old Tupperware that I use frequently - not for food storage, as L&L is so much better.  But some of them are great for other things.  I remember that really big bowl (it was just a one-piece thing, not a set).   I have it in the original yellow color.

When I lived in Europe I bought some TW.  The stuff you got there was made in Belgium and every bit as good, of course.

But now I find that the newer TW is just not the same at all.  I've literally had TW 'glasses' explode in the top rack of the dishwasher.  These are some new-ish ones I bought in the last ten years or so as they are the perfect size (around 11-12oz) for my protein drink as I don't like the idea of drinking out of a box.  But no more putting in dishwasher!  hehe

Respected Contributor

Went to thrift store first time in 9 months.  I knew I missed but not how much. Bought beautiful corduroy dess and coordinating Gymboree sweater with leopard collar for less than $8 for grand.  Found scarcely used 16" bike for other grand for $10 - new ones over100.  I think I did well but need to stay away for awhile.  Clothing supply restored.