Honored Contributor

Last week I bought a nearly new Cuisinart coffee maker at an estate auction..  This thing is fantastic.  All my life I've bought the cheapies, Black and Decker and Mr. Coffee.  I always hated when the heated plate on the bottom burned from the dripping coffee.  First of all, there are no drips with the Cuisinart, I haven't figured out how they do that yet.  There is a fine mesh filter so no more buying paper filters.  And it beeps five times when done, to signal us we can get our coffee to drink in bed and listen to the morning news.  (Our own little tradition)  To replace this will cost 99.00, but our Cuisinart 4 slice toaster is still working well after 10 years, so I have high hopes for the coffee maker. That also came from an estate auction. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Three cheers for Cuisinart

Yep, what I always preach they're a good company.

Glad to see they're making colored stand mixers now, too.

Honored Contributor

@depglass 

My husbands favorite feature of our Cuisinart coffee maker is that he can interrupt the brewing cycle, fill his cup, and no coffee drips from the brew basket until the carafe is replaced.  

Trusted Contributor

My number one reason for my cuisinart coffee maker is it allows you to turn it on after it has shut off so you can keep the coffe warm longer or reheat it. I cheaped out once and bought a different brand and once the coffee was brewed and whatever amount of time it stayed on was over, you couldn't do this. I assume if it didn't detect water in the tank it wouldn't work. Super annoying because I nurse a pot of coffee throughout the day.

Respected Contributor

Another Cuisinart fan here!

My Mom and Dad gifted me a Cuisinart food processor back about 1980!  I also got a set of different blades with it.  That machine is still going strong!

I bought one of their coffee machines 4 and a half years ago, a Black Friday special at Kohl's.  It is the best coffee machine we have ever had.  I love the cone shape coffee filter as I think it makes the coffee brew better and taste better.  And as others have mentioned, no drips!  My heat plate still looks brand new!

Just the other day I spotted a Cuisinart mini food processor in the clearance aisle of Walmart.  I bought it and it is perfect for small jobs that do not require my larger processor.  I have decided to start making my own salad dressing, and this tiny one is just the right size.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Yep, what I always preach they're a good company.

Glad to see they're making colored stand mixers now, too.

@SharkE I have been sold on their food processors since the 1970's.  My first one lasted I don't know how many yeas then went to mother.  She had been through a bunch of cheap ones that didn't work and she had that one for ages!  

Honored Contributor

I hope they stay the same not go the path of KA stuff.

I gave my KA food processor away and got a cheapie Hamilton Beach from Walmart not bit of trouble with it.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, I agree about KA.   When they changed manufacturers and went to a lot more plastic parts, plus a lot of the KA products now sold here are from China, they made 100% negative changes.

I've been a fan of Cuisinart for decades.   I don't know how old my hand mixer is, but it's pretty old and still in perfect working condition. I've had many Cuisinart products with nary a problem or issue.

I don't have the need for a stand mixer and, actually, never have.   I think the last such machine I had was in the 70s or 80s  and it was an Oster product.  I think it was called 'Oster Kitchen Center' or something like that and had like all the related appliances in one machine.    Now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder what ever happened to that.  hmmm...odd, that.

Honored Contributor

Also, ages ago when I actually would drink coffee (decaf only), I had a Cuisinart machine that I think was called 'Grind and Brew' or something close to there.  

It ground the beans, moved them down, and made the coffee.  It was a nice machine.  I ended up selling that probably 25-30 years ago, since I didn't drink coffee at all anymore and the person really wanted one.

I also hope Cuisinart never changes.  It's a drag when companies make great quality products and then start diminishing the quality down, either bit by bit or all at once.   I'm pretty loyal - until you burn me.  Then I have to move on to another company.

Trusted Contributor

I just bought a Cuisinart Grind and Brew coffeemaker with a thermal carafe. It gets mixed reviews, from fantastic to really bad, but after 2 days of making coffee - I'm giving a qualified thumbs up! It has the features I was looking for. It wasn't cheap, but I just splurged.

I had a Cuisinart food processor and ran that thing into the ground 25 years later.  I mourned, then finally bought a replacement, also a Cuisinart.

I hope they keep their reputation too!