Super Contributor

Thoughts (Your's and Mine) on the Ninja 3-n-1 Cooking System. Tres long, but has comedic value.

Hello Guys and Gals,

I feel like I have hardly seen any posts on the cooking system, but tons on the blender/mixer/peace maker/do-it-all-er.

I received my Ninja (with Ninja Speed I might add) sometime last week. I ordered it from the 5 easy pay day. I was unfortunately unable to get the set with EVERYTHING in it (really wanted that cookbook). So I settled for the other one the Q has and ordered the book separately on the Ninja site.

Okay, Beginning of story.... in all my 30 something years I never thought I would own a Crock-Pot/Slow Cooker. Why? I thought the only thing you could make in one was either soup, stew, or chili. However, my co-workers have enlightened my to all the wonderful meals you could make in one. I was still highly hesitant. I did mucho research and 3 months ago I decided on the Hamilton Beach Set it n Forget it blah blah blah. At this point I am making 3-4 meals a week in the slow cooker. This is great as I work 8 hours a day on my feet. The problem with this is (per my husband, and I have to agree), the meals I am making are, what I have read, your typical condensed soup/broth slow cooker meals. Therefore, they turn out some what bland and like something I can only describe as what a momma bird would feed her baby bird. Yeah.. I know, right?

Sometime last week my slow cooker passed away.... she didn't have any more fight left in her apparently, even though she was only a few months old. During my research stage I happened to find The Ninja Cooker was among those that were top rated. I found this very interesting considering this product is named "Ninja" and is VERY cumbersome looking. So I decided that after my Hamilton died I would trade her out for this Ninja Cooker. I bought the original from Best Buy for around $50, and I being the sucker that I am bought the Geek Squad Protection Plan as well... around $7. Off to Best Buy I go, dead Hamilton Beach in tow. My plan was to switch her out for the Ninja and pay the $100 difference, this plan went arry as my VERY frugal husband wanted to tag along. The problem here is, I took to much time just looking at the Ninja box and he came over to me... said "Whats the problem, there is the one we have right there. Grab it and let's go". I explain to him that I was thinking about getting the Ninja instead and told him the things it could do.. he said No No No, I said whatever... grabbed the original and went about my day.

AS IF A GIFT FROM GOD 5 Easy pay day was that night at midnight Smiley Happy)Smiley Happy). So of course I picked 'er up. Now this cooker could be best described as a woman with a terribly ugly mug and a heart of gold (as in, its what's on the inside that counts).

I used it for the first time tonight. I made the Chicken Picatta with Quinoa. Mind you, I've never had Quinoa before, it was interesting and good.. it really soaked up the flavors of the wine and lemon juice. It turned out beautifully. It does take a few minutes for the stove top setting to heat up, and while some may see this as a flaw, I am Okay with it. In three short words, I'm in love. Best part is that after dinner my reluctant husband looks at the sink and proclaims "Wait, where's the dishes, there's no dishes" and I replied with... "Yes honey, that's the beauty for it"

Now that this machine has been out for a while, what are you honest thoughts on it??