Honored Contributor

Re: Those of you with small kitchens, or just lots of stuff, please share your most clever storage tip.

On 5/21/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

Went to Ikea and bought an unfinished 5 shelf wooden bakers rack and eight large -- 16 X 16 --baskets. Stained the thing an oak color.

These baskets now hold the big pots and pans, bulky stuff, infrequently used stuff (like holiday dishes and serving pieces) and whatever. The baskets hold a ton of stuff! There's a large spider plant on the top shelf and it looks just great! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

That sounds pretty.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Re: Those of you with small kitchens, or just lots of stuff, please share your most clever storage tip.

I put all my plastic storage containers on a cookie sheet in my oven! Then, when I need the oven, I slide out the cookie sheet and I'm good to go!!
( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Valued Contributor

My utility room has a metal shelving unit that I bought at Lowe's. I keep my extra pots and pans and electric skillets, crock pots, electric grill, and roasters on that. It has really helped me because they are where I can see them and not down under the cupboards in a bottom cupboard where I can't get to them as easily. I may put my cookie and cake pans on it also. I hate bending over to get in those bottom cupboards.

Another thing I use is the top of my fridge for my plastic storage units but not in any basket. I should do that. I like that idea. It would neaten up that space. I like having them on the fridge top because they are so handy there.

I love the idea of the ice bucket to store utensils. I never know what to do with my ice bucket because it is never used for ice. I might as well use it for something. Good idea.

I do keep a small container by the microwave with silver ware in it and a basket with my boards to put under hot foods right out of the microwave. I want those handy.