Honored Contributor

Re: Those of you who have more than one fridge...

Well, we only have one fridge. Odd man out here I guess. We have a stand up freezer in the garage. 

Come me to think of it, I don't know anyone who has more than one.

Honored Contributor

I have two for two people.  It is necessary.  One in the kitchen and one in the garage.  I make all meals, we rarely eat out and when we do to meet other people I bring my own food.  Both refrigerators are full.  The kitchen is jam packed with fresh produce which is our main food.  

Valued Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Well, we only have one fridge. Odd man out here I guess. We have a stand up freezer in the garage. 

I have 2. High end sub zero in my kitchen and a french door fridge in my garage.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've had (2) refrigerators all my life.  As a child we had an old refrigerator in the basement that my dad put the legs on the back and removed all the shelving, so we'd lift up the door lid (like a trunk!).  This was like a great, big cooler.  We also had a large, long freezer case that use to be in an ice cream store.  It had the old round lids....like 3 or 4, where they use to scoop out ice cream....that was used for all the freezer items.  At the time, my dad did refrigeration work for a dairy company, so he kept these running well. 

Now I have a full size freezer and a 18 cu ft refrig/freezer in the basement and they are used constantly.  Of course, my refrigerator in my kitchen.  When we did our kitchen remodel, we purchased a counter depth model due to spacing near doorway.  Looks great, but really depend on that second one in the basement.  Second refrigerator is NOT frivolous in our home...it's a necessity!!

Regular Contributor

I have 2; one is in the basement. It was passed along to me from a relative. 

I love having it!

I have 4 children, currently ages 12 through 20, and the extra space is really a necessity. It's probably sucking up energy, but I don't know what I'd do without it.

Valued Contributor

Just wanted to add this....We have a Sears Scratch & Dent store in our city.  They carry all brands of appliances. If this is a 2nd refrigerator and going to a basement, you may find a great deal on something with some slight cosmetic issues.  Good luck!

Frequent Contributor

My outside fridge is a GE model that is at least 33 years old.  It is almond, remember almod?  I not only think the 2nd fridge is a necessity, I am attached to mine!  What a sad day it will be when it quits!  

Now  the inside fridge is the one I can't stand it is an outdated white side by side.  Horrible design, not convenient at all.  But the icemaker still works and the door ice dispenser too!  

Honored Contributor

@RedTop

I need 18 cu feet.  It's a one car garage.... with a car in it.... and the only storage that we have.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@manhattan1950 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I have 2. High end sub zero in my kitchen and a french door fridge in my garage.

@manhattan1950.  Yes, I read the thread. And most posters have more than one, but I don't know anyone here, hence my saying I don't know anyone who has more than one.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat wrote:

Do you feel it's necessary, or frivolous?

Do you keep different things in each of them?

I'm working on my case - DH doesn't think we need one.

Hi @house_cat ..... yes, we have two refrigerators.  One in our kitchen and one in the basement.  Don't think it is frivolous at all.  What doesn't fit in the kitchen fridge goes downstairs....especially beverages.  We also have freezer in the basement.  I make a lot of homemade things that I store in the freezer.