Honored Contributor

Re: This weeks "pandemic bakery" treats

@NVmimi wrote:

@homedecor1 what a great idea to make filled cupcakes! I bought the "fluff" today, so all set to try this recipe. Love me some chocolate, but DH can live forever w/o any...strange, I know, lol!

@NVmimi 

Mine too🤷‍♀️😳😉

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@thechedda 

Here is the recipe.  I am making these for an order on Tuesday I can post "how to" pics as I'm doing them, if you like.

Lemon Cupcakes Recipe:  (from Kraft Phila cream cheese recipes)

1 white cake mix (I use Duncan Hines)

1 small box instant lemon pudding

4 large eggs

1 c. water

2 tbsp. vegetable oil (not olive, canola, etc)

Combine all ingredients.  Beat until smooth about 3 minutes.Batter will be thick.  Spoon (I use ice cream scooper) into lined cupcake pans.  Bake 350 for 15-18 minutes -- should be "spongy" do not overbake.

Cool completely.  Fill cupcake inside with small amount of blueberry mixture (you need to drain off syrup). I take a baking tip & hollow out 1/2 into cupcake.

I put in fridge to set while I prepare icing.

Icing

1 8 oz. brick Philadelphia cream cheese (or your preference)

1 stick butter (not margarine)

3-4 c. conf sugar

2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice - optional 

1 tsp. vanilla

Cream butter& cream cheese until smooth & fluffy.  Add lemon (I don't) & vanilla.  Slowly add conf sugar blending into mixture.  If too thick,  add a couple tsp of milk until smooth consistency.

*My recipe:  

Blueberry mixture:  1 pt blueberries, 1 c. sugar, 1 tbsp cornstarch

Heat on medium in saucepan stirring until thickens OR put in sealed container with 1 cup sugar to sweeten.  

Before I put icing in pastry bag I "painted" blueberry gel in bag -- then added icing.  I used large star tip to pipe icing in swirl.  Need to use large tip or blueberry pieces in icing won't come thru tip if too small.

Topped with lemon cake crumbs on top.

(my friend used canned blueberry pie filling and came out perfectly, I am going to try)

4874DB13-E1DE-4AC0-AD54-3E7688C1AABF.jpeg

Enjoy!!!!

Frequent Contributor

@homedecor1 

Thank you so much!!  Looks quite easy to make, my favorite kind of recipe.  I'm a few ingredients shy, yet I'll take care of that with my next grocery delivery.  Blueberry pie filling - love that.  Cannot wait to try.  Thanks again!

Honored Contributor

I make woopie pies at Christmas - Red Velvet and give them away.  I also make cupcakes and remove a pinch and fill with the frosting....oh my, so good.  I love to bake and my husband will eat most anything I make.  

Trusted Contributor

@homedecor1I make the marshmallow fluff frosting quite often, it's so good on cakes !!!

Frequent Contributor

I wish you were my neighbor !! LOL

Honored Contributor

I would be sure you got a few!  Just dropped "taste testing" of this weeks treats to my good friends who I tease they

are my "pandemic bakery guinea pigs" so far I've gotten 5⭐️ reviews!  They enjoy I bake them goodies...and I enjoy sharing with them🙂

@Lucy 13