Honored Contributor

This is the funniest story - Curtis Stone 8" pan & niece...

I ordered this little frypan way back in December because my niece was saying she didn't have a good frypan everything sticks to hers.  Her cookware is SS All Clad and Caphalon cookware.  

Anyway, this morning I get a facetime call.  Thanking me for the pan - I completely forgot about it as it was "backordered".

She's so excited frying a egg & while we're chatting she shows me "look at this egg just slides...omg it slid right out of the pan🙀😂😂😂

We we're laughing so bad -- I told her just one in the many funny moments she'll have in the kitchen.  But, CS Durapans really have a great interior & things really do  "slide" out!

Honored Contributor

Re: This is the funniest story - Curtis Stone 8" pan & niece...

@homedecor1 -

Haha! That would be a cute commercial!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 @Lol that is cute.Those pans really are that great.The first time I used the saucepan to make gravy everything was sliding aroun so much that I thought something was wrong and maybe I had too much fat in the gravy..nope just excellent nonstick.

Honored Contributor

I love it when Curtis is doing the demo of frying an egg in that pan and he blows on the egg and it slides across the pan!  I'm about to get rid of most of my other cookware and buy a set of his.

Honored Contributor

Best cookware I have ever had and I tried many after I started shopping from TV/online.

Honored Contributor

The only thing that has stopped me from buying a set from him is the fact there are no 3 qt or 4 qt sauce pans.  Those are just what I use the most.  

Honored Contributor

@depglass 

I agree!  Even the saucepans that are in the large sets are not "deep" inc. the dutch oven size.

I  still use my Cooks Essential hard anodized technique pieces, or open stock pieces of other cookware.   Over the years my frypans have always been the most used & first to go!

I don't buy sets anymore I prefer to pick up "open stock" pieces at Marshall's or HomeGoods which carry a good selection of Caphalon, etc.

Respected Contributor

I have that 8 inch skillet use it all the time. I have put it in the dishwasher so many times, and it looks brand new. Excellent quality.  No oil required.

Regular Contributor

Cute story.  The cookware really is the best.  I cannot say that about the bakeware though.  The large bakeware pan warped and the food was all at one end of the pan.  I was disappointed in that set.  It was a 3 piece set.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1:

Thank you for sharing your story.

We use a nonstick pan to cook the dog's hamburger, chicken, breast and hot dog. It originally had a cream interior. It is no longer cream colored and probably no longer nonstick.

I kept thinking about buying another nonstick pan. Well, after reading about how well the Curtis Stone pan "slides". I figured it was time to retire the discolored and no longer a nonstick pan.

And don't you know yesterday in the mail I got a coupon from HSN. I immediately ordered the Curtis Stone pan. How lucky can you get. Thanks for letting me know about the pan.