Honored Contributor

smeg_50_s_retro_2-slice_toaster_-_red.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Great toaster.  I've got the 4-slice in pink.

Esteemed Contributor

This brand name always makes me laugh—I know it's an Italian acronym, but there used to be a British sci-fi show (Red Dwarf) that used "smeg" as an invented curse word.  Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

$$$ but I've always thought they were good-looking

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I remembered somebody in here saying they had a SMEG toaster after I bought my mixer. I already got the KitchenAid red, so, I'm good. LOL

Evine carries them I was checking out something at Evine and came across it.

Respected Contributor

Never saw anything like this. Thanks for posting.

Esteemed Contributor

The whole line of products they sell are so cute. Love the refrigerator they have. 

Honored Contributor

My sister wanted their refrigerator she lives alone now and doesn't need a big refrig and call her own shots now. Do what she wants, etc.

She went to the lumber companies like Loew's, Home Depot. they cost a fortune and smaller then she thought they would be. Don't think they had 'em in stock I could be wrong there can't remember if she actually saw one or they showed her pictures.

Have to wait a long time since they're imported. She couldn't afford it to much to pay for something that wouldn't hold that much. Maybe over in Europe they don't have the biggie stuff we have. I like their small retro electrics, but, not refrigerators.  Since I'm a kitchen gadget freakie I like to watch those old time shows like Leave it to Beaver, My 3 sons and check out their kitchens. Lot of them had a shelf over the cook stove and when I built my house I had them to put a chrome shelf above my cook top where I keep paper plates, salt and pepper shakers  Won't see that in many homes. LOL

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I remembered somebody in here saying they had a SMEG toaster after I bought my mixer. I already got the KitchenAid red, so, I'm good. LOL

Evine carries them I was checking out something at Evine and came across it.

@SharkE   White!

Honored Contributor

Very cute, but way too expensive to just toast bread.