Honored Contributor

This confirms what I already believed about Dr. Oz.

Here's the full story if you're interested.

I've always thought that his show fell into the category of "a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing."

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

Re: This confirms what I already believed about Dr. Oz.

I have to agree with you. Everyone wants "the miracle" in everything, not just weight loss.

Dr. Oz, in his own way, perpetuates this notion. He has to fill 1 hour 5 days a week, with new stuff. I like Dr. Oz and I feel he has good intentions BUT he has to know that his audience will hang on to his every word. People are so gullible. He has a responsibility, not only to his profession but to the millions of people who watch his show. Let's see if there's a change in his manner.{#emotions_dlg.huh}

Respected Contributor

I take all the TV hucksters worth a grain of salt. It seems like every day someone on the morning shows is telling folks to ""do this or ""don't do that"" so often that I just tune it out.

Super Contributor

His show feeds on ignorance. People with knowledge of nutrition and who take care of themselves are not his audience. His audience is someone who doesn't have a clue about nutrition, is probably taking 5 different medications, is overweight, out of shape and desperate to hear about THE MIRACLE PILL to make everything better. Dr. Oz should be ashamed of himself to stoop so low to take advantage of this audience. He is a smart man with a big ego who traded his soul for the mighty dollar. There is no excused or what he did.
Contributor

Here's something I came across related to Dr. Oz that I found interesting and makes sense to me. I don't watch him.

http://www.naturalnews.com/045619_Senator_McCaskill_campaign_contributions_pharma_money.html#

Respected Contributor

I'm glad that someone called him out on this.

I can't say that I agree with gazelle77-dude that is harsh. I know people, educated, healthy people, that use Dr Oz's name like it is gospel.

Super Contributor

On 6/18/2014 Dusty1 said:

I'm glad that someone called him out on this.

I can't say that I agree with gazelle77-dude that is harsh. I know people, educated, healthy people, that use Dr Oz's name like it is gospel.

I am sure a few people knowledgable in health watch, but, the majority of the audience would be someone who would not know the difference between a protein and a carbohydrate. Or like my husband, bless his soul, who thinks peas are a green vegetable...... Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

Dorothy, go back to Kansas.

Respected Contributor

I respected him untill I started seeing him promoting weight loss gimmicks.

Super Contributor

His claim today was that pistachios are good for weight loss, eat them very day. I think he has stock in the pistachio industry.