Trusted Contributor

Re: They really need Meredith Laurence back

I don't have a problem with any of the guests.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Isn't it amazing how just one person like Meredith can make such a difference in how a show works or does not work. I like the young woman who represents CE products, she is affable, pleasant, knowledgeable and lovely, but I just cannot stand Shereen Pavlides who also represents CE products.  She, having had a show on Food Network has an air about her that to me projects superiority....This is my opinion previously since I no longer watch any of the kitchen shows due to the loss of Meredith, content, hosts, behavior of some hosts and vendors, and/or the excessive number of shows that revolve around Gourmet or Holiday Food shows...enough is way too much.  What used to be great to watch, is gone!

Super Contributor

I assume after so many years doing shows standing in one position is trying. We see the presentation but we forget about all the preparation that goes into these shows. It can become stressful. Meredith may have decided that she would go back to her first love of teaching. We need to learn that at the end they have to make this decision on their emotions and not our emotions. I only watch the Q cooking shows to purchase gifts and to see items being introduced into the market, as a former cook I still enjoy it. Curtis and Wolfgang have sold their products on the Q.

Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I liked Meredith OK, but I much prefer to watch the cooking shows on HSN....especially when they have Curtis Stone or Wolfgang.  Love to watch all that cooking that goes on!!!

Yes, they actually cook (while selling their wares) on HSN!  WOW! what a consept!Woman Embarassed  Never liked him, but Bob Bowersox actually used to cook on his cooking show on the Q........Woman Wink

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I did enjoy Meredith's presentations--nice voice, pleasant, calm, and informative.  I do miss her as a vendor representative,  and I understand she wanted to move on to something new and I wish her well!  I dont care much for Shereen Pavlides.....

But not see the correlation how Meredith changes what they make on the cooking shows....QVC is going to cook food based on the kitchen equipment they are trying to sell....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@eddyandme  I recall years ago that Bob B. (and Bob Warden) did so many cooking demos when they presented items.  At that time HSN did no cooking at all.  Now QVC does practically no cooking and HSN does a lot of cooking demos.  I especially like it when Curtis Stone is presenting.  I don't mind watching Wolfgang either even though I know a lot of people don't like his shows.  I like the items I have purchased from him.  However, Curtis Stone's items are the best.   QVC's cooking shows are getting quite boring.

Esteemed Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

@eddyandme  I recall years ago that Bob B. (and Bob Warden) did so many cooking demos when they presented items.  At that time HSN did no cooking at all.  Now QVC does practically no cooking and HSN does a lot of cooking demos.  I especially like it when Curtis Stone is presenting.  I don't mind watching Wolfgang either even though I know a lot of people don't like his shows.  I like the items I have purchased from him.  However, Curtis Stone's items are the best.   QVC's cooking shows are getting quite boring.

You're sooo right, @Daysdee .

Me and my Mum used to like the cooking contests they used to have - Meredith and vendor vs David and vendor - she always thought Rick was a cutiepie!  And, if Rick and David were opposing each other, she couldn't vote for either one as she liked them both equally!Woman LOL

Bet they sold lots of stuff by cooking with what they were selling.  HSN caught on then QVC thought they had a better answer - NOT!Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

I think Meredith is doing what she wants to do.  I don't think she will return to QVC unless to present a new cookbook she writes.

Super Contributor

Didn't Meredith have a hour show called blue jeans chef a couple of years ago?

Honored Contributor

No you dont what you mean is YOU want Meredith back.  She has moved on to what she wanted to do.

The new gals are great.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)