Honored Contributor

These cookies look like I feel.

I started baking cookies for DH this morning because he's been hinting about it for days.  I was using my tried and true Tollhouse recipe - the one on the bag of morsels.

While I was gathering ingredients, my 18 year old kitty had another seizure and we had to rush her to the emergency vet.  We'd known it was close to the end for her, and as it turns out we had to say goodbye. 

We drove home with broken hearts and I thought making the cookies might be the right thing to do.  Well, needless to say I cried while making them and then cried again when they turned out disasterously.   

I don't know what happened. I've been making these cookies for 50 years, no exaggeration and this is the first time they ever turned out like this.

DH took one look at them and said, "They look like I feel" and I completely agreed.

I know I checked the ingredients several times. I was sure hadn't omitted anything.  Any educated guesses on what might have happened?

Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 9.44.50 PM.png

gracie the lion 2016.jpeg

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

Re: These cookies look like I feel.

@house_cat Your butter was too soft.

Respected Contributor

@house_cat 

I am so sorry about your loss.

Honored Contributor

Such a sad event...it is so hard to say goodbye to our pr...

@house_cat   Such a sad event...it is so hard to say goodbye to our precious furry family.  Your heart was hurting when you made those cookies. She will forever be in your heart. Love to you and your husband.💕

Honored Contributor

@MezzieStarr 

That's possible. I'd left it on the counter when we went out.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

I remember some batches of cookies that my mom made turned out like that.  I LOVED the crispness.  Someone mentioned soft butter.  That sounds totally possible since she often would leave butter out to soften.    Try to enjoy

Trusted Contributor

@house_cat  So sorry for the loss of your furbaby. She was beautiful.Heart

Maybe you can crumble up the cookies for the birds outside tomorrow morning?

Super Contributor

Or maybe crumble them up in some vanilla ice cream and enjoy them that way. So sorry for your loss. 

Honored Contributor

So sorry for the loss of your beautiful baby.

Contributor

@house_cat  So sorry for the loss of your kitty - it's so hard losing our fur babies. The cookies look how I feel, it's so hot in No CA I feel flattened out.