Honored Contributor

Re: Thermo pot hot water dispenser

@Tribesters wrote:

@jackthebear

It’s better than using your microwave. People have been seriously burned when hot water erupts in their faces when they remove hot water from their microwave.

https://www.fda.gov/Radiation-EmittingProducts/RadiationEmittingProductsandProcedures/HomeBusinessan...

tea made with microwaved water tastes disgusting to this UK born person. 

Trusted Contributor

I have a secura electric kettle.  I love it!  Heats water in no time, there is no plastic that comes in contact with the water.  It's handy when cooking, too.  I can heat water in the pot, then pour in a hot pan.  I don't have to wait for water to boil.  It's one of my favorite kitchen items.

Respected Contributor

This or an electric kettle is the normal way to heat water to the boil or temperature specific for your tea or coffee or noodles or anything really. I have three, one at work and two at home. One is in my office and the other is in the kitchen. One of those is a temp specific model that will heat water for the specific temp of various teas.
Honored Contributor

Has anyone ever tried the Sunbeam Hot Shot. My Dad uses one of those all the time for fast hot water for tea, coffee etc.