Honored Contributor

The real problem with wine in the shower

I just watched Jill Martin on the Today Show, demonstrating her "deals."  One of them was a speaker that also held your stemmed wine glass.  They were making jokes about needing to drink in the shower, but they missed the elephant in the room.  Why would anyone bring glass into the shower?  Just think about it,  broken glass for your bare feet to step on.  

Honored Contributor

Re: The real problem with wine in the shower

@depglass   Having lived years with the alcoholic my family I can think of many reasons why nobody should drink in the shower out of any vessel ever!

Trusted Contributor

@depglass 

That’s why I never bring just a glass of wine into the shower; I always bring the whole bottle of Grappa.

Go big or go home!

Honored Contributor

They do make PLASTIC stemmed wine glasses.  We used to use a set in the RV where things are easily broken.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

If anyone needs to bring a glass of wine in the shower, they have a bigger issue than broken glass.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Anyone who cannot do without wine while showering has a drinking problem.

Honored Contributor

We managed to survive Prell in a glass bottle...

Glass shampoo bottles...talk about dangerous! | Prell shampoo, Shampoo, Bombshell beauty

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

Doesn't even make any sense for a shower. I can see enjoying a glass of wine with a nice bubble bath to relax, but not a shower. That's just crazy.

They should include a disclaimer for safety, that nonbreakable wine glasses should be used, just as most of us do around pools and hot tubs. 

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Nonametoday    The same people who must have an alcoholic drink on a 7am flight.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Nonametoday    The same people who must have an alcoholic drink on a 7am flight.

I think for some people it's a way to calm down on a flight...and at 7am, a Bloody Mary feels like an "acceptable" way at that hour to calm nerves. But still, I get it...7am is a tad early for vodka!

That said...I admit...I've done it...once! 🍹✈️