Esteemed Contributor

The new Pioneer Woman cookbook.

I got mine on Saturday.  I have flipped through i,t and I have to say, nothing jumped out at me.

I loved her first couple books and have made somethings and they were good.I have a couple of her bowls and coffee cups.  They are pretty.

Truthfully, I waffled about buying this one.  I still watch occasionally but I can only do small doses of her at a time lately.

If you got the new book, what are your thoughts?

Respected Contributor

Re: The new Pioneer Woman cookbook.

I don't know where I have been because I just recently become acquainted with PW.  I caught a couple of her shoes and they were filled with potatoes and heavy type food.  Probably got wrong impression.  I must look into her books.  Look forward to your thread.

Respected Contributor

I have 3 of her cookbooks & I do love them. I get her magazine & I love it, too.

I looked at the new cookbook, but nothing jumped out at me as something I had to have.

I may borrow it from the library & have another look at it.

I like the pictures & stories that she puts in her cookbooks.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I have her first cook book and I like it.  I think she's great and a very successful business woman.  I really admire her, but her voice grates on me.  I can't watch her show.

Trusted Contributor

I got her new cookbook from the library.  It is SO heavy.  I just glanced through it and returned it the next day.  But that's how I feel about most cookbooks.  They're too heavy and cumbersome.  As far as Pioneer Woman's recipes, I think she cooks too much Tex-Mex dishes.  

Esteemed Contributor

@luv-the-Q  I agree about her voice as well as the way she adds a "y" to her kids names.

Paige (I love the name) is Paigey, Todd is Toddy.  Johnny and Jimmy are fine but it sounds odd with some names.

She is savvy in business but I always wondered  if she's a nice as she seems.

Esteemed Contributor

Although I am  not able to eat most of her cuisine, I made a pound cake of hers once, and it was delicious. As for her cookbook, I think I'll pass, but I have heard good things about her cookbooks from my friends without dietary restrictions..

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2I got mine the other day, and I have to agree with you about the recipes.  I didn't really see any recipes that were calling my name to make them.  I do enjoy her show and I also have a few of her baking dishes 

Trusted Contributor

She is becoming overexposed.  Too many things.

Esteemed Contributor

I do not have it nor do I intend to get it.  Nothing against Ree; it's just that she seems to be not connecting to what my family is liking these days.    I do reference her often if I have a question about how to prepare something, but lately, her recipes are not what my family or I, am looking for.  I too, believe she is spreading herself way too thin with all she is involved with.   She does have the attitude of Midwest cooking and shares those recipes with all.   We are landlocked and therefore, recipes concerning pig, cow and chicken abound.  I do appreciate new ways of preparing and serving these choices though.   Love her, but maybe not enough to purchase her cookbooks.