Esteemed Contributor

The new Lock & Lock opal is beautiful!

[ Edited ]

I just received my Lock & Lock glass 9x9" pans with opal lids, and the color is absolutely beautiful! I usually buy clear L&L, but I wanted to check out this slightly elevated take on a white lid (and the clear lid without the blue accent in the seal just seemed too generic). The opal has just the right touch of shimmer and sparkle and truly looks special. I hope we see more of this color in other pieces/sets, as I think it is a lovely everyday option and would be very festive for gift giving during the holidays.

ETA: Unlike the lids for other L&L glass pieces, the opal lids for the glass 9x9" pans do not have the flower design. I just realized that and like them even more now!

Honored Contributor

Re: The new Lock & Lock opal is beautiful!

@loriqvc.  Isn’t that the color that sold out right away?

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ - I believe it did sell out very quickly in the TSV set, and it sold out in the 9x9" pans near the end of the day they debuted, but it's now back in stock. I was actually a bit surprised that all the glass pans didn't sell out since people have been begging for them for so long.

I should probably add that even though it was the lids that initially caught my attention, the pans seem very sturdy and well made and I'm looking forward to testing them out when it's not 7,000 degrees outside. I might have to peruse my microwave recipes for some alternative baking options...  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc   I’m surprised the glass pans didn’t sell out either.  They do look like they would be sturdy. Good luck using them!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

TSV Opal arrived earlier today even more beautiful in person. 

Valued Contributor

I didn't see that color, but it sounds very pretty. I did see the coral sunset and thought that was also very pretty.

cookin

Valued Contributor

@loriqvc - I love my 9X9 L&L glass pans.  I usually order clear in the plastic, but have switched to blue for the glass ones.  I ordered the periwinkle in these and love the color.  I've used them in the oven and microwave and they are great.  Very sturdy.  I especially love the mini side handles.   Even after microwaving a vegetable dish on power 8 for about 6+ minutes, I was able to take the dish out and handle it without gloves ( I tested it to see how hot it was).

I also have the 9X13 and the round 2 cup ones from Sunday should be here tomorrow.  Love glass L&L!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@WORKING GAL - The periwinkle color is lovely and was very tempting, but I didn't want to introduce another shade with all my deeper blues, which is why I chose the opal. I'm happy to hear that the periwinkle lived up to expectations as well!

Esteemed Contributor

I didn’t get the opal. Next time I will.