Respected Contributor

Someone on here recommended Birch Benders keto pancakes and I took their advice and got them. I made them for breakfast today and wow, they were so good and normal tasting and easy to prepare. The ingredient list is so short and natural which I like. I got some monk fruit sweetened maple flavored syrup to go with it. What an enjoyable breakfast, finally something different than eggs. Thank you, whoever you are, for your rec. I really loved them and 5g fiber is a good way to start the day.

Honored Contributor

Re: The keto pancakes

[ Edited ]

@Grouchomarx wrote:

Someone on here recommended Birch Benders keto pancakes and I took their advice and got them. I made them for breakfast today and wow, they were so good and normal tasting and easy to prepare. The ingredient list is so short and natural which I like. I got some monk fruit sweetened maple flavored syrup to go with it. What an enjoyable breakfast, finally something different than eggs. Thank you, whoever you are, for your rec. I really loved them and 5g fiber is a good way to start the day.

@Grouchomarx  Glad you found something you enjoy! I just put the 3 pk of the 'Keto' mix on my wishlist at Amazon, so when we are getting low on CarbQuick we'll give the brand a try.

We use CarbQuick for our pancakes and waffles.

We have to be mindful of ingredients and sugar substitutes used...many will spike our blood sugar more than real cane sugar. For us, we can't use anything with monk fruit so we'd have to pass on your syrup.

I also just read the ingredients in the Birch Benders chocolate chip pancake mix which has maltitol...one of the bad sugar substitutes that we can't have/use.

When I make pancakes or waffles with CarbQuick I use Truvia/stevia and the chocolate chips we use are Lily's which uses erythritol and stevia extract for sweetners Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Never heard of them. Checked out their website to see they have several varieties. They don't show any stores in my zip code of course. Guess if I want to try them I have to order online.

Super Contributor

Good to know.  I saw these in the natural food section at my market. I was on the fence about buying them. I make from scratch when I need a pancake, but would love the weaseling of a mix.  I eat clean keto, the ingredients looked good. Thanks for the rec .

Super Contributor

Re: The keto pancakes

[ Edited ]

If you order from  Amazon be sure to check the weight of the package. The single package is $11 for 16 ounces and the three pack is $21 but the packages are 10 ounces each. 

Valued Contributor

Well I must be the only one that thought the birch benders pancakes were awful. Mine were flat tasteless and dry. To add they were expensive. I still have half a bag left so I will give them another try.

Honored Contributor

@Elom wrote:

Well I must be the only one that thought the birch benders pancakes were awful. Mine were flat tasteless and dry. To add they were expensive. I still have half a bag left so I will give them another try.

@Elom  Try adding vanilla and/or cinnamon Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Flika13 wrote:

If you order from  Amazon be sure to check the weight of the package. The single package is $11 for 16 ounces and the three pack is $20 but the packages are 10 ounces each. 

@Flika13  Thanks for the info Smiley Happy