Trusted Contributor

The food they show on the Q seems not very healthy!! Do others feel that way as well--or??????

[ Edited ]

I am always struck that despite how yummy all the food items the Q sells and even the recipes that they share on the website, it just doesn't seem that healthy!  That seems to be the case too for most of the recipes highlighted on David's shows!!

Do other people agree?   I am so curious to know what others think!!  Or I am the only one that tries to eat a bit healthier!!

Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Re: The food they show on the Q seems not very healthy!! Do others feel that way as well--or??????

I agree, but I also think that the food and recipes that they show on the food network and Cooking Channel are equally unhealthy.  Especially when they go to restaurants to show their specials, which is on most of the time.  SO much fat and salt, tons of sugar...I know that I cannot eat like that.

Honored Contributor

Re: The food they show on the Q seems not very healthy!! Do others feel that way as well--or??????

@JasoninBoston wrote:

I am always struck that despite how yummy all the food items the Q sells and even the recipes that they share on the website, it just doesn't seem that healthy!  That seems to be the case too most of the recipes highlighted on David's shows!!

Do other people agree?   I am so curious to know what others think!!  Or I am the only one that tries to eat a bit healthier!!

Smiley Happy

Ah my friend @JasoninBoston healthy does not usually equate into sales hence the somewhat unhealthy offerings.

There have been some really great health centric shows on the Food Network that were cancelled and I would think that QVC follows the same path.  Folks talk the talk but they don't want to walk the walk (and to be honest, if you really want to eat healthy QVC would not be my first stop).

I understand that convenience is key as I lived that life but I think if you really want to eat healthy you have to eat local and plan/prepare accordingly.  

Trusted Contributor

@mac116 wrote:

I agree, but I also think that the food and recipes that they show on the food network and Cooking Channel are equally unhealthy.  Especially when they go to restaurants to show their specials, which is on most of the time.  SO much fat and salt, tons of sugar...I know that I cannot eat like that.

Yes!! thank you for posting Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Fact is! With all due respect to Qvc. Food is proccessed, Preserved full of chemicals. For the life of me never understand why? Anyone would order. Understand convenience is tempting. But at what cost? Health wise and items aren't inexpensive. Give me real food. Wholefoods & Trader Joe's Farmers market. 😋

Trusted Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@JasoninBoston wrote:

I am always struck that despite how yummy all the food items the Q sells and even the recipes that they share on the website, it just doesn't seem that healthy!  That seems to be the case too most of the recipes highlighted on David's shows!!

Smiley Happy

Ah my friend @JasoninBoston healthy does not usually equate into sales hence the somewhat unhealthy offerings.

There have been some really great health centric shows on the Food Network that were cancelled and I would think that QVC follows the same path.  Folks talk the talk but they don't want to walk the waYeslk (and to be honest, if you really want to eat healthy QVC would not be my first stop).

I understand that convenience is key as I lived that life but I think if you really want to eat healthy you have to eat lodcal and plan/prepare accordingly.  

Sometimes I get concerned about some of the food items being so unhealthy for people!! I just hope people eat them in moderation!! 

Yes, I agree that healthy eating likely translates into LOW SALES volumes, unfortunately!!

Thank you!!Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Fact is! With all due respect to Qvc. Food is proccessed, Preserved full of chemicals. For the life of me never understand why? Anyone would order. Understand convenience is tempting. But at what cost? Health wise and items aren't inexpensive. Give me real food. Wholefoods & Trader Joe's Farmers market. 😋

I agree!! Thank you Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I think my diet is "healthy". Never bought food from tv and I never eat at restaurants. You won't find any frozen dinners or store-prepared meals in my kitchen. Years ago I got rid of any and all "white food" items like anything that has sugar and wheat flour. I would say I eat the Mediterranean diet minus the meat part. I don't eat meat if it comes from animals that walk on all fours. Chicken and fish are okay for me. When the Q shows the bloody juices running out those beef things I gag.Woman Tongue I don't eat shrimp or lobster...they eat stuff I don't care to injest myself.Woman Tongue

Respected Contributor

Decadence and indulgence sells!!

Can you only imagine the $$$  of foods if they were using healthy, high quality ingredients!!!  People would faint!

Trusted Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

First off, every single thing you eat -- even from Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, or Farmers Markets, is full of chemicals.  There is nothing you put in your mouth that does not contain chemicals.  To claim otherwise is simply a lack of knowledge about basic science.

As far as QVC's foods go, of course the foods they feature are indulgent.  It is these foods which cause people to buy things, and tht is why QVC does it.

Sure, they could show you how to make a kale and quinoa salad with twigs, acorns, an gark.  This would be very helpful, but I seriously doubt it would cause anyone to order anything.

QVC is a shopping channel.  Its job is to sell products, and part of the marketing strategy is to show foods that people desire.  it does not exist to provide us with nutritional advice.  If you need this, see a dietician or a physician.