Reply
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,995
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: The food items.......$$$$$$$$$$$$

There are no small corner butcher shops anywhere near where I live!!  I love to bake but don't want to do it all the time now that I am retired and to buy the best ingredients, take the time to bake a complicated dessert, then considering your electricity or gas costs to bake - well - for me it's worth every penny to have desserts come to your door baked and near.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 27,200
Registered: ‎01-08-2011

Re: The food items.......$$$$$$$$$$$$


@Pook wrote:

There are no small corner butcher shops anywhere near where I live!!  I love to bake but don't want to do it all the time now that I am retired and to buy the best ingredients, take the time to bake a complicated dessert, then considering your electricity or gas costs to bake - well - for me it's worth every penny to have desserts come to your door baked and near.


@Pook Do you have a Publix or Fresh Market in your area?  They both have a good selection.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,995
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: The food items.......$$$$$$$$$$$$


@ECBG wrote:

@Pook wrote:

There are no small corner butcher shops anywhere near where I live!!  I love to bake but don't want to do it all the time now that I am retired and to buy the best ingredients, take the time to bake a complicated dessert, then considering your electricity or gas costs to bake - well - for me it's worth every penny to have desserts come to your door baked and near.


@Pook Do you have a Publix or Fresh Market in your area?  They both have a good selection.


Nope, neither!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 28,559
Registered: ‎08-19-2010

Re: The food items.......$$$$$$$$$$$$

Bakery in the town I live charges 2.50 a brownie and they're hard and stale and dry. Make my own from now on. Don't care for donuts, stuff like that.

Make my own bread either by hand or using the Zo bread machine.

Brownies have my own recipe or buy box.

 

Can make my own ice cream till the idiots decide they want to open the heavy cream containers and drink it down. I figure that's next. I equate these people with computer hackers. Same mentality.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,727
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: The food items.......$$$$$$$$$$$$


@Chrystaltree wrote:

You answered your own question.  The food items are expensive and those of us who buy them do pay for the convenience of having them delivered right to our door.  People know that and what you might consider expensive is not necessarity expensive to someone else.  Some people want something special but they can't or don't want to cook.  Their own home cooked item would not be as good as something they can buy.  I don't buy many food products from QVC, I buy various things for holiday entertaining and it's well worth the money I pay.


You do know that most gocery stores shop for you nowadays..  You can pick up the food you have chosen or you can have it delivered...   

 

 

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 101
Registered: ‎04-04-2010

Re: The food items.......$$$$$$$$$$$$

I read a lot of complaints here from people who don't want to pay the prices for food items....that they can buy cheaper/better locally.  I applaud you who can.  I live in a small town in west Tennessee, where you can't find ANYTHING.  Thus, I do buy from Q on occasion.  Rastelli's pork ribeyes are, IMO, the best piece of pork you'll ever put in your mouth, and his beef ribeyes are some of the best I've ever had.  Likewise for David's Cookies Cinnamon Scones.  They are great.  I'm not rich, but I do splurge on certain items.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,536
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: The food items.......$$$$$$$$$$$$


@so so wrote:

is it me and my imagination but are the food prices on this site OUTRAGEOUS???  If you go to a small corner store butcher he can cut you a fresh filet mignon for nearly half the price. I just shake my head. desserts........thats my secret pleasure but HOLY COW! I will try and find something I can make at home. I guess you are paying for convienence?


@so so Not everyone has a small corner butcher.  Please don't shake your head.  People buy stuff just because they want it.  Shaking your head that often might cause harm.  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,536
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: The food items.......$$$$$$$$$$$$


@KatieB wrote:

@Chrystaltree wrote:

You answered your own question.  The food items are expensive and those of us who buy them do pay for the convenience of having them delivered right to our door.  People know that and what you might consider expensive is not necessarity expensive to someone else.  Some people want something special but they can't or don't want to cook.  Their own home cooked item would not be as good as something they can buy.  I don't buy many food products from QVC, I buy various things for holiday entertaining and it's well worth the money I pay.


You do know that most gocery stores shop for you nowadays..  You can pick up the food you have chosen or you can have it delivered...   

 

 


@KatieB   I think a lot of people don't care.  They have been to the grocery store, and don't think what the grocery store has to offer is that great.

 

They want something that might prove to be better, maybe is shrink wrapped in portions, don't like the store, or just want to try something new.  Don't you ever want to try something new just to see what it's like?  Don't you want a little adventure?

 

It's probably cheaper than a trip to the casino, a meal on a cruise ship, a night out at a good restaurant, or the cable bill or phone bill, or lots of other things like Dooney Bags and shoes and a movie and snacks and gas for a few people.  Or a tip to the water park.  Baseball game.  Etc.