Honored Contributor

The advantage of non color coordinated Lock n Lock

I was just reading reviews and someone complained they couldn't buy a certain set because their color was sold out.  I deliberately buy each new set in a new color.  I have to store my lids together in a drawer, not with each container.  It makes it so easy to pick out the right lid if the colors of the different sets are different.  

Honored Contributor

Re: The advantage of non color coordinated Lock n Lock

I try to keep a color theme going, but I agree when they are all the same it makes it difficult to find the correct top for the bottom.  When I buy sizes that are similar to what I already have I generally go with a coordinating color to make it less confusing.  

Honored Contributor

I only bought one set of co-ordinated containers -  all the rest of my kitchen is odds and ends collected over time.   Certainly not anything that's going to be a picture, but it works for me.   I've gotten it pretty close to all those that match are on the same set of shelves -  the odds and ends are elsewhere.  That's as close to matchy-matchy as I get.

Then again, I don't do matchy-matchy even for my jewelry.

Honored Contributor

I have a lot of different colors lids and even some pieces with blue, pink and yellow bottoms and lids from years ago.   Am not a matchy-matchy person.

I hosestly think the clear l&l lids hold up the best.  The colored lids have broken tabs, but my clear one's are perfect. The clear is not as brittle and has more " give" to the material.

If I need to buy additional sets, I will buy the original clear ones.

Honored Contributor

All of mine are clear, I like being able to see what's in them by looking at the top, sometimes just looking at the side I really can't tell exactly what's in it, LOL!

But I just store them with their lids on, so no searching here.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

I buy the clear nestable containers with a matching color themed lids. Rose gold and mauve are all I buy now, but at one time, I used red colored nestables. I also have the tall, and bulk containers in mauve and rose gold. I still have clear sets with red lids and yellow lids, but I only use them in a pinch.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Trusted Contributor

I would buy pink or turquoise, but as those colors became less available, I went through the black phase, but the Q seemed to discontinue it, so I bought two spare sets (they are still in the boxes in the basement).  Then it was on to Dusty Rose - after buying the DR spice set, it seemed to disappear.  Mauve was next - that danced away quickly.  Most recently, it has been Rose Gold, which isn't RG in color at all.  I think I have enough for about five years now; I use them in the kitchen for about two years, then recycle them to other parts of the house.