Honored Contributor

The TV kitchens we grew up with...

@SharkE

In response to your post on the "Crying Shame" thread.

These are some of my favorites.

I'd love to see others if anyone can find pix to post.

The Andy Griffith Show:

andy griffith 1.jpg

Clara_and_Aunt_Bee_101.JPG

TAGS-PickleStory-a.png

The Donna Reed Show:

dr 1.jpg

dr 2.jpg

Denis the Menace:

dtm 1.jpg

Bewitched:

bewitched 3.jpg

bewitched 2.jpg

I Love Lucy:

i love lucy.jpg

Leave it to Beaver:

litb 2.jpg

litb 3.jpg

The Mary Tyler Moore Show:

mtm 1.jpg

mtm 2.jpg

~ house cat ~
Valued Contributor

Re: The TV kitchens we grew up with...

Don't forget the iconic Brady Bunch kitchen...which is what mine looked like for at least 10 years before we reno'ed 🤣🤣🤣

Honored Contributor

@Quse

1.jpg

2.jpg

~ house cat ~
Valued Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@Quse

1.jpg

2.jpg

@house_cat Yay! That was our kitchen...our wall oven was black, we had orange counters, but dark cabinets...no orange table AND we had psychedelic orange and green carpet ( oooo, ahhhh). When it came time to replace the flooring, we realized we couldn't switch to tile or hardwoods without taking the whole floor up, and we didn't yet have the $$ to reno, so we had to go carpet shopping for the kitchen. We were looking in this warehouse store, the salesperson was obnoxious and trying to sell us expensive carpet when we spotted something in the clearance section, for almost nothing: another psychedelic pattern only orange and brown! Perfect! We said, "We want THAT one!" The look on the snobby salesperson's face was priceless 🤣🤣🤣

Respected Contributor

The table with oil cloth in the middle of the room looked familiar  to me from early childhood (mid 50's+) . Counter top height middle island of today are a nicer addition IMO.

Bewitched and the Clever's kitchens were getting better.

Personally I love all things Andy Griffith , but no wonder Aunt Bee was usually in the kitchen -- not too many conveniences !Smiley Happy

I just loved all of MTM's apartment . It was a good thing she was organized though with such a tiny kitchen. I don't think poor Rhoda even had a kitchen though ! No wonder she was always in Mare's apartment.

Honored Contributor

🎼....Thanks for the memories.......loved all the pictures, house_cat!  Simple times.....I can still see the kitchen in house I grew up in and remember getting our first dishwasher....WOW...a big deal!  I laughed at comment by Quse regarding the Brady Bunch kitchen.....oh, the colors back then....I had that kitchen too once in 70's.   Our kitchen was all orange and had been a model home (guess the builder wanted people to remember the orange kitchen!  It had the "Harvest Gold" appliances.  Seems like orange, green and gold colors were in then.  We moved before I had to re-do!  

Valued Contributor

@Quse wrote:

@house_cat wrote:

@Quse

1.jpg

2.jpg

@house_cat Yay! That was our kitchen...our wall oven was black, we had orange counters, but dark cabinets...no orange table AND we had psychedelic orange and green carpet ( oooo, ahhhh). When it came time to replace the flooring, we realized we couldn't switch to tile or hardwoods without taking the whole floor up, and we didn't yet have the $$ to reno, so we had to go carpet shopping for the kitchen. We were looking in this warehouse store, the salesperson was obnoxious and trying to sell us expensive carpet when we spotted something in the clearance section, for almost nothing: another psychedelic pattern only orange and brown! Perfect! We said, "We want THAT one!" The look on the snobby salesperson's face was priceless 🤣🤣🤣

Oh wait, no...the original wall oven was "Harvest Gold"... matched the dishwasher 😂

Honored Contributor

I liked the Golden Girls kitchen and the Cosby kitchen, especially the remodeled one. . Hated the Who's the Boss kitchen and the Growing Pains kitchen. Saw Maude last night, hers was awful and so was the All in Family one.

Honored Contributor

Great shots !

When we built our new home I had the contractor build me a shelf above my electric cook top because I had seen it on a retro gas stove at Menard's think it was. That's where I store some paper plates, salt and pepper and my timer.

Honored Contributor

@house_cat

My house was built in the early 50's.  While I have updated some things (like there was only 1 electrical outlet), added a dishwasher and new appliances and replacements over the years (floors, counters, sink) it is pretty much the same.  Same cabinets painted. I have never redone the kitchen because I think it would look odd to have a very modern kitchen in this era house.