Respected Contributor

Re: The TV kitchens we grew up with...

Where's Ralph Kramden's?

Honored Contributor

@Justice4all

That was the most depressing kitchen in the most depressing show.  It was before my time, but I can recall watching reruns and not understanding how anyone could think it was funny.  honeymooners.png

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@Justice4all

That was the most depressing kitchen in the most depressing show.  It was before my time, but I can recall watching reruns and not understanding how anyone could think it was funny.  honeymooners.png

@house_cat

you had to be there

Respected Contributor

I was more interested in checking out the Family Ties kitchen than following the story line.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wendie-Malick-Betty-White-Valerie-Bertinelli-Jane-Leeves-Hot-in-Cleveland-kitchen.jpgHot-in-Cleveland-sets-kitchen-5.jpgHot In Cleveland kitchen.jpgI like the Hot In Clevland kitchen.  The bisque appliances and cabinets and the pops of red all around remind me of my own.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I loved the Keaton kitchen on Family Ties. Still remember their Kiss The Cook sign.

It was before the elaborate kitchens of today. It was very charming and real, not sanitized.

dam-images-set-design-family-ties-family-ties-set-design-03.jpg

I was always mesmerized by the Keaton home in general and loved to look at the things in the kitchen, instead of listening to the acting going on!!

They were supposed to be living in Columbus Ohio, and that city does indeed have many homes just like they portrayed in the show, many of which were decorated just the same at that time! 

My first love of Tiffany style lamps came from that show, and after that, I notice they showed up in many tv shows during that era and beyond.

Honored Contributor

How about the Jim Anderson household? You know Bud and Cathy?

Partridge family?

Eddie and his dad?

Munsters?

Valued Contributor

Image result for the munsters kitchen photo

Image result for the munsters kitchen photo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Image result for the ****** van ****** show kitchen photo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

seinfeld blue_gray kitchen.jpgseinfeld the 4th wall.jpgseinfeld beige kitchen.jpgseinfeld elaine jerry george.jpgseinfeld beige walls tile backwall.jpgseinfeld the 4th wall.jpgNot my favorite kitchen but my favorite sitcom.  The Seinfeld kitchen changed colors over the years.  I think the lighter beige was used in the early shows and the darker blue/grays were the bulk of the shows.  The second picture shows the extended kitchen wall off to the right of the kitchen counter that was rarely seen in the episodes.