Honored Contributor

I used to eat beef. But as I got older my gut doesn't agree with it any more. I have no idea why but it goes right through. I have'nt shopped for beef in so long that I wouldn't even know what to expect the prices to be any more.

Respected Contributor

I don't know who's show it was on over the weekend, Chef Curtis or someone on QVC, but they were offering some kind of beef medallion. The offer was for 12 or 24. They were 2 oz. ea. With the 12 offering that would be 1 lb. 8 oz. and it was $70.00.That's about $39.00 a lb.

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I have noticed that almost everything I buy is more expensive, not just meat. When ?I see a sale I stock up because it's getting ridiculous.

@QVCkitty1,  I have always done this too but around here it is pretty much impossible at the grocery  because they have a limit on sale items. I used to wait for a good sale and call the meat department and order 20 lbs. for the next delivery day because I did not want to wipe out the meat counter. They no longer do that. This started well before the virus situation shortages.Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

We had our freezer full when this started & have kept it that way. When things were hard to find & prices were up I did not buy that much meat. As things seemed better during the summer prices went back down here. I stocked up on on everything we had already used. I now I have 4 chuck roast in the freezer. They are usually 3-4 lbs think I paid around $16 each.

We have had good luck getting any meat we want from the Meat Market with some prices better than the grocery store. They have some different meat packages but we don't need any right now. If you avg out the price it's $6 per lb.

There are a lot of products that won't be coming back to your local grocery stores.

The biggest problem has been finding cleaning supplies. Last trip I was able to pick some up so should have enough thru the winter.

Honored Contributor

@froggy wrote:

That wasn't a great price but still not that bad. We probably eat more beef than a lot of people and I always try to buy the cuts I want when they are on special and I freeze them. We like to grill steak and our markets have T-bones regularly for around $5/lb. We get one 2 lb T-bone grill it for one meal and use the leftover for another meal of steak salad.

@CrazyKittyLvr2  Just think - 3# of meat in a vegetable soup would feed two people for several days! That's pretty good!

@froggy @CrazyKittyLvr2 

Yes it will feed 2 for several days. I made a pot in 6 qt pressure cooker on Sun. We are still eating it. It will be gone tonight or tomorrow.

I just ate a piece of pumpkin bread for lunch with a cup of hot chocolate made with unsweetened almond milk with guittard milk chocolate chips. Yum!!!