Esteemed Contributor

12 points for me.  

Honored Contributor

Thanks for all the responses. I was really surprised by some of them.  I can't imagine what I'd eat if I eliminated 20 or 30 things off that list.

Of course this isn't a scientific survey, just something I saw on Facebook.  It did pique my interest though, because when I watch the cooking shows I'm amazed by how many things the chefs eat - things I never even heard of. 

I think I'm probably a better-than-average home cook, but my repertoire is quite limited.  Neither DH nor I are adventurous eaters.

~ house cat ~
Valued Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@house_cat wrote:

IMG_5905.JPG

Hmm, I don't think I'm a very picky eater.  There are two foods on this list that I can't digest ever since my gall bladder was removed many years ago.  Onions and garlic make me burp and feel nauseaus.  So I don't think that's being picky, it's just a health issue.

I don't eat raw fish because I don't want to take any chances of parasites - ugh.  But I love cooked seafood.

The only two things I don't eat just because I don't want to are snails and coconut.  I grew up eating crawfish and crabs, so it's silly that snails gross me out, but they do.  Coconut, I just don't like the flavor.

I have tried all of them..there a 6 I wouldn't try again.

Nutella, white chocolate,oysters, raw fish,tofu,blue cheese

Valued Contributor

Guess I'm not a picky eater. I have eaten everything on this list. Some rarely but I have eaten everything.

Valued Contributor

Only seven here..

Esteemed Contributor

24 for me.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Re: The Picky Eater Test

[ Edited ]

Would you believe I scored 0?  My no-no's are ground meat and God knows what else stuffed into a casing, like hot dogs and Bratwurst.  

I went back and read all replies, the egg salad struck a cord with me .  Don't eat it,  its the egg whites, slimy yucky egg whites.  I do put them in potato salad, but chopped up fine.  

Honored Contributor

Food is a very complicated issue for me, and at 67 I have learned to eat within my safety zone.   I could probably lick the pavement in my driveway and be just fine, but have had violent reactions in the past to eating a pencil eraser sized mushroom in a casserole that had mushroom soup in it.  Same thing happens with strawberries and orange juice.  

I am allergic to: corn, wheat, tomatoes, potatoes, citrus, milk, and egg whites, with the last 2 being the absolute worst offenders on my list.   

I also have foods my body does not tolerate:  mushrooms, olives, honey, soy sauce, berries, and lettuce.  

My picky foods are:  avocado, crab, tofu, raw fish, oysters, shrimp, cooked fish, snails, coffee, along with spinach, and rhubarb.   Farm grandma did her best to get me to like spinach and rhubarb, but it just didn't happen.  

Respected Contributor

19 for me.

Respected Contributor

0 for me.