Respected Contributor

Re: The NEW... What's cooking at your house this jumping June?

Evening All, just looking around & sure miss all of you, supper tonite was beef sandwiches w/sauteed green peppers & some roasted cauliflower, easy peesy, tomorrow, who knows? Hope you're all well & somehow things will get back to normal, whatever that is, I'm not happy with how things are now, but I guess that how "they" want them & we have to adjust, it just seems like it's too much like work & wish we could go back, but I think that's not to be, whomever designed this new thingy is not at all in tune with the real world, only my opinion but I don't think I'm alone. Take Care & come back, I miss you

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Trusted Contributor

Preds:  The Pics are BACK!!!! Thanks.  Missed them.

Boop

Respected Contributor

Did not cook last night - ONLY ME at home with the four legged critters. Very very nice but sure was hot. Thank goodness our night did cool off about midnight and I pulled the covers up.Friday night I fixed a meal eerily similar to the one I fixed Thursday - my brain must not be working right as I rarely do that and never gave it a second thought. This time I put hamburger meat in the slow cooker with onion cut up, green beans and chopped potatoes. Also tossed a packet of au just in and mixed two cups of water with a packet of gravey and let it cook for quite a few hours. Actually it was very good and still have a ton of it left. That is only because no one was in the house all day yesterday. LOL.

My setting still sasy the font to be large yet I have to set it every time I post something. Drives me nuts - Still DO NOT LIKE THIS "NEW" BOARD. I agree you have to work way too hard to TRY and enjoy it. The pages move about still with me also. I click on this and it goes there but quickly goes somewhere else. Then I have to click to get it back to where I wanted to be in the first place. Just makes no sense and it is a royal pain!!!

Dinner tonight? Not real sure but would bet it goes in the slow cooker.

Yesterday was absolutely miserable! Today is suppose to be a couple degrees cooler - actually using the word cooler is misleading. LOL. And to think this is June and we are having August weather. I find that scarey. The fire is still blazing and yesterday the smell woke me up - It started on Wednesday but the wind must have changed directions as that is the first time I smelled it. Not nice at all.

Stay cool everybody and eat well. Spix glad to see you stop by - we need all the visitors and help we can get.

Trusted Contributor

Well I see the thread is still here.  That's good and the pictures are back that is also good.

I'm using my laptop this morning and things are a bit easier with it.  At least the typing part.    I see Freddie is a super contributor or something like that.  I didn't make the grade - just a frequent contributor.  lol

Respected Contributor

Betty thosae labels re what kind of contributor one is, makes no sense unless we posters have egos out to gazoo. I think it is tacky and quite frankly who ever dreamed that little label up must of thought we were all ego maniacs. NOT!!!! Do not like it.

So I decided on another weird dinner. LOL As most of you know, I change my mind from hour to hour. Anyway this is what is cooking. Collards in a big pot with ham as seasoning. Cauliflower cooking SLOWLY in another big pot - will have butter on it when done. In the slow cooker is pork chops with peppers, gravy and onions. Now one must admit it may sound a bit strange but bet we all agree it is going to be tasty. Unfortunately I got a late start with the slow cooker but we should be eating by about 7 - our time. There is also macaroni salad available - Davey LOVES that stuff

And yes, it got super hot again. It was very nice and quite enjoyable until a little after noon and then the heat really set in. Sigh. Birdies are scarce - this time even the crows.

Church was good and our attendance was upped a bit - that was good to see.

Hope all the Fathers had great days - I sure miss my Father and Grandfather. Both were super human beings.

Valued Contributor

Back from Maryland today. We left on Thursday. Spent the night in Ohio, then rode with Sister and brother in law to 75th birthday party on Chesapeake bay.

This was Nelson's only brother, Ed. Great party. 138 lb roast pig, tons of shrimp, good visit with 90 some people at the party.

We stayed with neighbors next door. Lovely couple. Really enjoyed our stay.

Glad to be home AND tomorrow is Nelson's last treatment. We are both so anxious for this to be over.

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Trusted Contributor

Welcome home Soushi. This sauna bath is supposed to end later. Sure hope it does.
Respected Contributor

Welcome home Bev. Well darn it anyway, they said we would possibly have thunderstorms Fri and Sat. Today nothing has been said and today the heat and humidity has ramped back up. Sigh. Smiley Frustrated

Am fixing leftovers and fresh Broccoli - add some macaroni salad and the leftover is the meat mixture I made a couple nights ago - should be a good feast. Sure is going to be easy to fix. Also some fresh organic sweet grape tomatoes - love those things.

Stay cool people.