Respected Contributor

Re: The NEW... What's cooking at your house this jumping June?

I lost this thread for a few days. LOL. Imagine my surprise when I found it in Kitchen. Heart My brain cells must have been fried - no pun intended - but just went blank.

For dinner last night fixed a roast with fresh green beans and onion in the slow cooker. Had some pasta shells with butter and a super good BIG beefsteak tomato. Not much of anything left. We did not eat until about 7:30 which is way too late and I do not like eating that late but it was too hot to eat earlier. Even hot then - was at 99 degrees. It has been so very miserable here.

Poor Conrad, a lot of my back yard - which was once gorgeous - St Augustine and carpet grass - has turned to straw. It hurts his feet to walk on it. What do you do when there is no refuge for your critters? Also have that large and expensive dog kennel I turned into a kitty condo just sitting out there. Entirely too hot to put the kitties out in it. And to think this is what we may have all summer - am not a happy camper out here in Sou Cal.

Dinner tonight may be egg rolls - bought some pre made ones - easy to fix and actually quite healthy. If so, I have another tomato just waiting to be cut and eaten. Kids will not be pleased but suspect once they take a bite they will enjoy the egg rolls. I really like chicken egg rolls.

Hope all stay cool.

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Trusted Contributor

Spoiler
Honored Contributor

Beautiful boop!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Is everyone floating this thread to the top of their page?  that is how I find threads I frequent, and it only has to be done once.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

Is everyone floating this thread to the top of their page?  that is how I find threads I frequent, and it only has to be done once.

Hi mousiegirl!  There is a new one for July so this one isn't visited often.  Soushi or Winnifred start a new one each month.  Hope you are doing well.

Honored Contributor

@Preds wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

Hi mousiegirl!  There is a new one for July so this one isn't visited often.  Soushi or Winnifred start a new one each month.  Hope you are doing well.

Preds, I didn't even notice that it was a June thread.  I am fine, and hope you are as well. Smiley Happy