Contributor

Re: The MC kitchen shears are the BEST!

I finally ordered a set.  The reviews were mostly positive.  

Esteemed Contributor

@SixTsChick wrote:

When the set of four first started being offered, I jumped on it. I kept one pair and gave the other three as gifts. But before that, MC had offered a set of two - with one being larger than the other for more heavy duty uses. I purchased that set and knew the quality and dependability of the shears. I use the bigger shears more for outdoor gardening use. Love them!

Oh and yes, they will take off fingertips in a snap. I can attest to that! I'm missing a fingerprint from one finger. Remember, safety first! Smiley Frustrated

@SixTsChick - Yes, these shears are no joke! As I was packing a few pairs into their gift boxes last year, I noticed that one of them had an edge with a smudge on it. I was in an unimportant cotton "around the house" shirt, so I just used the hem to try to buff away the smudge—only to discover that the shears had sliced through my shirt and the side of my finger. Eek. Smiley Surprised

Respected Contributor

I have used these for years.  But have decided to give them to some friends this year.  I think everyone can use them.

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 I'm wondering if anyone else has found the quality of these sets uneven. Some sets offered in differentr years seem better tjhan others. The original seem stronger and less inclined to rust.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom

I couldn't answer this.  I bought the set /2 awhile ago.  My kids and those I gifted have never said anything other than they love them and they are sharp.

Honored Contributor

I got these shears when they were first offered and never rusted. I still use them today.

Honored Contributor

I've got two sets in circulation that I use for everything from cutting wire to gardening to cutting fur off my dogs' hairy butts (designated pair).  There's one pair designated for kitchen use only.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@homedecor1 I'm wondering if anyone else has found the quality of these sets uneven. Some sets offered in differentr years seem better tjhan others. The original seem stronger and less inclined to rust.

I wonder about that too especially when they offer four for not much more than two usually sell for.  I have been buying these for years.  First set was two in pink that were sold in October and I think a small amount was to go to Breast Cancer Research.   I have two other sets and all are not the same quality.  I have bought them for gifts also.  I use all the time for opening boxes since I do a lot of online shopping, cutting up the boxes to recycle, hard to open packs, one for a little trimming in the garden, etc.    I really do like these and find them very useful.

Esteemed Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

I wonder about that too especially when they offer four for not much more than two usually sell for.  I have been buying these for years.  First set was two in pink that were sold in October and I think a small amount was to go to Breast Cancer Research.   I have two other sets and all are not the same quality.  I have bought them for gifts also.  I use all the time for opening boxes since I do a lot of online shopping, cutting up the boxes to recycle, hard to open packs, one for a little trimming in the garden, etc.    I really do like these and find them very useful.

@Daysdee and @homedecor1 and @PA Mom-mom

The shears I'm currently using span every iteration except the ones with the looped handle, and they all have been working fabulously since I got them. I have tons of Kuhn Rikon items in my home and have found all of them* to be top-of-the-line, use-everyday products. And I've given as many away for gifts as I've kept. Smiley Wink

*The one exception is the spill stopper cover for pots, which does truly stop boilovers as advertised but is completely useless if you ever need to check on the condition of the food you're cooking. What a mess!

Respected Contributor

I have these scissors in every room of my house.