Honored Contributor

The LC rep at the outlet store said with disdain...

...... "That's a discontinued color - probably why QVC had it."

I went to a Le Creuset outlet yesterday. It was a treat - so much eye candy!  I had a long chat with one of the store reps and told her that I have several pieces of Le Creuset and one of them is a mint green. That's when she said that it's a discontinued color, implying that QVC gets the outdated stuff.

Well, frankly, I don't care if it's a discontinued color, because I like mixing my colors.  Still, I'm wondering if she's correct, as QVC often boasts that their color options are exclusive.

BTW, the outlet had beautiful items, some of which I'd never seen before, but the prices were not at all remarkable.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Re: The LC rep at the outlet store said with disdain...

Almost exactly four years ago, I went to the outlet store here in Georgia and fell in love with two mint green LC casseroles, one approx.  1.5 quart in a heart shape, and a 3.5 quart.

I was told they were the only two mint green pieces in the store.  A few years later, I was surprised to see that color show up on QVC.

Valued Contributor

I have always wondered about this, and if QVC receives special “not top quality” merchandise from big names for their TSV. For example, my Kitchen Aid stand mixer just isn’t quite right and a Barefoot dreams recent TSV cardigan had tiny holes in the back, right out of the bag.
Honored Contributor

@house_cat I don't know about the colors and I have several LeCreuset pieces which are all in the bright red color....I could be wrong but Ithink it's their most popular shade.

I have been in one of the outlet stores a few years ago.  Very nice shop with lots to see but I agree the prices were not so amazing.

Honored Contributor

JCPenney and Macys used to carry so many colors of KitchenAid mixers back in the day --then I'd see a few of those colors on the Q and they would always say that they were EXCLUSIVE to them--not so---mine is plain white and works great after 30 years --but sure do like the colors

Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat  You post intrigued me so I looked at what they send to outlets

"Le Creuset outlets are where they retail goods that are considered ‘seconds’. These items are not ‘perfect’ that can be sold at their premium price as there is an imperfection within them.

They often carry their full range of products and they are often a place where they can display their goods in a controlled environment without relying on third party sellers. They have full control in how they are displayed and promoted.

In some cases, these items may just be overstock they have in their inventory." The following link haslots of information, just take out the spaces.  

www.dutch ovens cookware.com/le-creuset-outlet-prices/

So I would have asked her with distain why she was working in a "seconds" store.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Plenty of mint green Le Creuset pieces  in stoneware  are available on ebay.   And even a piece of two of cast iron.

Honored Contributor

It didn't take me long as a shopper here to learn what to stay away from.   Too many things remind me of Big Lots buyouts.   

Esteemed Contributor

How sweet of her to mention 🔪

Esteemed Contributor

LC makes different colors "exclusive" to different vendors. These are not seconds here.

WS carries carries some  LC pieces in colors made exclusively for sale to their customers.

I have no issues to buying a factory second from LC but to my knowledge they are only available in an oulet store.