Respected Contributor

The KeurigDrPepper Company

[ Edited ]

Yes, that's the name. 

Because I am addicted to the salt and sugar filled Clamato juice, I was sad to see the 5.5 ounce cans replaced with 7.5 ounce. The 5.5 ounce cans limited my intake.

Also the price per ounce has increased.

So I called to ask if the product itself has changed in any way, but the customer service rep couldn't understand my question.

Apparently The KeurigDrPepper Company, which calls itself a "modern beverage source," manufactures, licenses, or partners with 125 brands.

I think they make Mott's apple juice but not Mott's applesauce. Confusing, but not worth the time to sort out here. Just making you aware. Cat Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The KeurigDrPepper Company

Dr. Pepper has been involved in many mergers and potential mergers over the years. Back in the '80s, they got together with 7Up for awhile, and in the 2000s, I worked on a third-party contract for them when they were the Dr. Pepper Snapple Group.

Sorry you can't get what you want! I fully confess my addiction to diet lemon lime soda and was devastated a few years ago when the Big K brand reworked their recipe so it now includes multiple artificial sweeteners instead of just one, including a sweetener I'm allergic to. I felt the change coming with a sudden lack of soda in stores, so I even reached out to the company and tried to let them know their current formula was an industry differentiator (at the time, they were the only diet soda with just one artificial sweetener). But I also ran into issues with service reps replying to my calls and emails with helpful tips on where to find the soda (which didn't work anyway since it was being discontinued) rather than the answers or acknowledgement I was seeking.

After it was all "official," I spent months figuring out what to drink; I'll spare you the details and just sigh to myself about the fact that the solution still isn't great after all this time. I hope you can adapt to the larger size—maybe it will end up being a nice benefit in the end?  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

My beverage of choice, Bai cherry flavor,  was recently downsized from 18 oz to 14 oz.  I was using 1/2 a Bai in my carbonated beverage concoction so now it's no longer 1/2 a bottle so I have to keep 2 bottles in the fridge to combine to get the 9 oz for one of my concoctions since carbonating works better with cold bverages. At least it doesn't appear they have changed the formula.

Honored Contributor

In these days of shrinkflation, it's unusual they'd make the size larger.  I guess they wanted to mask the per ounce price increase.

Respected Contributor

@PickyPicky3   Thanks for the post ~ I find it very interesting.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess That sounds yummy ~ I'm gonna give it a try.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have now learned all Clamato ingredients are the same, but it is now 30% juice, down from 31%. Just a tiny bit more water added.

Honored Contributor

@Spacrazy wrote:

@Icegoddess That sounds yummy ~ I'm gonna give it a try.

@Spacrazy I have a Drinkmate, so I can carbonate anything.  I don't know of any other way to do what I do since Sodastream and most other carbonators only do water, but if your're interested, I use 9 oz Bai, and 100 mL Simply Light Lemonade and the rest water which is right at 2 Cups.  I know, cups, oz, mL, but I measure my Bai into a measuring cup, the lemonade by the markings on the carbonating bottle, and then up to the max line on the carbonation bottle.  

Respected Contributor

When I last wrote about the new Clamato 7.5 oz. cans, I had not yet tried it. I did the following day and was surprised to find the taste had changed. The ingredients were virtually the same.

So I wrote a negative review on Walmart.com. It was the first review of the new can. 

When I checked the site today, there was one (suspicious) review negating mine. There were also over 30 reviews from influenster.com dated 2020 that must have been imported by The Keurig Dr. Pepper Company.

They declared war on my one negative review! And what a dumb way to do it. Here on the forums when 30 people jump on you at least it's in real time and they are real people.

An online first experience for me.