Respected Contributor

@gloriajean wrote:

For those of you who really like the Keurig, don't you find those pods to be strong and bitter?  I do, and I love coffee, but at my daughter's house, they have one of those, and I haven't found any coffee there that I like. I love our Bunn Maker.  

I use Keurig, Regular, Medium Roast ,Donut Shop. Buy it from Amazon, love it. My Bunn went into the garage sale pronto.  I also buy Green Mountain,hot apple cider mix. Grove Square,milk chocolate, hot cocoa. You can't make a cup of anything faster than with a Keurig, or something made with pods. My sister and niece got one as soon as I could order and they love it too. Nothing bitter in any of these.

Trusted Contributor

We finally found WM Blonde coffee pods. They work great for us.

Occasional Contributor

I love my Keurig mainly because I love flavored coffees..I'm always trying a 'new' flavor from various companies..

However I know people (mainly Folgers Lovers) who say that the Folgers K-Cup Pods do NOT taste like Folgers brewed in a unit like Mr. Coffee..

Reckon it depends on individual tastes..:Woman Wink

“What we once enjoyed and deeply loved we can never lose, For all that we love deeply becomes a part of us.”
Respected Contributor

I have tried many different flavors of Kcups over the years, and never tasted any bitterness. I always use bottled water because our city water is just about the worst.

Honored Contributor

Buy an assortment of K-cups to find one you like. I bought a winter assortment and like all the flavors. My mug is huge so I set it to 'strong brew' and make two cups from one K-cup, which gives me one large cup of coffee that isn't too strong for my taste buds.

Respected Contributor

@gloriajean wrote:

For those of you who really like the Keurig, don't you find those pods to be strong and bitter?  I do, and I love coffee, but at my daughter's house, they have one of those, and I haven't found any coffee there that I like. I love our Bunn Maker.  

@gloriajean   I'm like you, I don't like strong, bitter tasting coffee.  I have a Keurig and I think the taste depends on the brand (of coffee) you use.  I have tried many different brands, some I like and some are horrible and I had to throw the kcups away..  Peets is horrible - very strong and bitter tasting..  I like the Krispy Kreme - that's my favorite.  Also the McCafe (like McDonalds), Community Coffee and Gevalia are my other favorites...  I have not tried the usual brands, Maxwell House or Folgers.

Also, as others have said the cup size you brew.  I always brew the largest size cup, can't remember if it's a 10 oz or 12 oz...

Honored Contributor

I don't buy the Keurig pods - too expensive.  My favorites are found at Aldi and so cheap!  Not bitter or strong at all.  Of course, I use decaf, but they have a lot of different ones to choose from.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Frequent Contributor

My favorite is the McCafe Premium Roast.  I brew a 12oz cup.  For those of you who like this brand, it's available from Amazon for $27.12 for 84 pods.  That's only 32 cents per pod.  Not real sure you can beat that anywhere else.

Respected Contributor

I love the convenience of the pods . I use a small Mr. Coffee for DH 's 2 cups to see him off to his job. I use Keurig , or actually a Hamilton Beach  single serve ( as I am on my 2nd mini Keurig --and sending it back (:  ) 

I only drink 2 cups of regular coffee daily , but I do not mind a bit of bitterness if the coffee is 'slap your mama' strong like Peet's and Green Mountain dark. @gloriajean Coffee drinkers do come in a variety. I find the regular or light roasted types to be light brown water. Smiley Happy 

I think Bunn is one of the few brands that still have models with a stainless steel water reservoir , which makes them last and keep making good coffee. I think the best coffee is french pressed--but I just cannot do that in the early a.m. when  I wake up .

Respected Contributor
When I have occasion to use a Keurig, I use mild coffee type and select largest cup size available. That suits my taste. Smaller cups too potent.
@ gloriajean.
Interesting name you have since there used to be a Gloria Jean coffee shop here that sold coffee assortments- before Starbucks became rampant!