Respected Contributor

The Great British Baking Show

I just started watching this on Netfix after it was recommended by several family members. I'm still on Season 1 but I find it fun and relaxing. It's technically a competition show but there is no hyperness and everyone genuinely seems to like each other. Only trouble is that after seeing all the rich beautiful desserts, it makes me hungry.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Great British Baking Show

Love the show and have watched all the episodes.  Thinking that  I have a crush on Paul.

Besides all the respect for each other, food and calmness their is alot of great tips and real teaching going on.

Honored Contributor

It is such a pleasant , civilized show.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1  "Civilized" is one of my favorite words--maybe because it is in short supply these days in the American culture.  It is the right word to use for The Great British Baking Show.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

I just started watching this on Netfix after it was recommended by several family members. I'm still on Season 1 but I find it fun and relaxing. It's technically a competition show but there is no hyperness and everyone genuinely seems to like each other. Only trouble is that after seeing all the rich beautiful desserts, it makes me hungry.

I've been watching for years, I'm a Paul Hollywood fan.

Respected Contributor

The British reality tv shows are not staged with added drama and crape that US shows are stacked with. I have Acorn dot tv subscription for $4.99, and watch all kinds of wonderful British movies and shows. I watch it more than Netflix, but those are my only two forms of tv. I don't watch much, but when I do, I don't want to be paying $100 for hundreds of channels that I don't watch! I also have Amazon Prime access with my Prime account....I forgot about that one. I do watch it from time to time too! I get all of my Top Gear (the original one from the UK and not the US one) and Amazon's Grand Tour with the same crew of hosts.
Contributor

How do you find this on Netflix?  I looked under most of the categories but don't have a clue where to look (I'm new to Netflix).

Respected Contributor

@tassimo wrote:

How do you find this on Netflix?  I looked under most of the categories but don't have a clue where to look (I'm new to Netflix).

@tassimo You can search for it in the search box in the upper righthand corner.  It should pop up as you type.

Trusted Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

I adore that show. Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood are funny, charming, informative, and talented in their field.

Paul has his own show, 

Paul Hollywood City Bakes

They've written many books, especially, Mary- loads, and they're really nice books, written well, educational, and nice photos.

Mary's, Baking Bible, and Pauls, How to Bake, are particularly great.

I also watch the American version, The Great American Baking Show, with Mary, and other judge, Johnny Luzzini, with Hosts Nia Vardalos and Ian Gomez. 

These are pleasant shows,  with pleasant people- judges, hosts, and contestants, I very much appreciate that!

Cat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Trusted Contributor

I also love this show. I always joke with my family while we watch that if it were a baking show in America, contestants wouldn't help each other, and they'd talk trash during every interview. Woman LOL

Mary Berry's cookbook was a Kindle deal once, so I have it on the iPad. I like seeing the different desserts they make because many of them are so different from American desserts.