Respected Contributor

Re: The Great British Baking Show returns to PBS on June 16th!

I watched the first episode last night and I've discovered a new form of torture therefrom.  If you want to make somebody really suffer, make them watch "The Great British Baking Show" while they are riding an exercise bicycle trying to burn 500 calories off their bums!  THAT  is suffering, I guaronteee!  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

STOP SUFFERING!!!! I watch on my Roku. If you donate to PBS or your local state channel, you earn the right to stream them all! I've watched the first three episodes tonight. I'll watch the rest tomorrow.

Respected Contributor

I have watched the entire season of The Great British Baking Show. What a great season. You all will love it. There are other shows that I watch on PBS, so subscribing/becoming a member is a great way to go!
Respected Contributor

I'm not suffering because I can't binge watch the show, I'm suffering because I can't eat any of the stuff they are baking, as I'm on a serious diet, and high sugar/carb baked goods are not included, lol!  I usually watch an hour long show that I've recorded on my dvr, so I can skip the commercials, so the 40-some minutes is long enough to get me up to 500 calories burned.  World of Dance, AGT, ANW. those get the legs pumping, but the baking show?  That just gets the salivary glands working overtime.  <sigh>

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Gardengal55 wrote:

Speaking of British baking shows---does anyone recall the show of a few years ago of these 2 older English ladies--1 blond and the other dark haired--who drove a motorcycle with a sidecar?  I can not remember the name of it.  The dark haired lady smoked and wore alot of makeup, if I recall and they were an absolute hoot to watch.  They did the shows in an older farmhouse I think.  I seemed to remember them making alot of recipes with clotted cream.  I think the shows were taped quite a few years ago but my cable aired them much later.  I think both have passed on, but I truly enjoyed watching them. 

@Gardengal55 Loved that show! It was called 2 Fat Ladies with Jennifer Paterson and Clarrisa Dickson Wright who died in 2014.
Respected Contributor

I'm enjoying Season 4. I watch it on PBS & hope they will continue airing the series so we can see Seasons 5-7. So sad to see it end, love Paul & Mary together. I've read that the new show airing on channel 4 is to be modernized. NO! The charm of the show is the tent, limited prep space with 1 oven, the baking challenges & the home bakers that are drama free. It's funny, I don't bake but this show just pulls you in.